Interview with TwoCultSurvivor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Interview with TwoCultSurvivor
TwoCult,
What was your understanding of the 144,000? Maybe provide some background for those unfamiliar with the term?
Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2014, 04:44 PM
(17-02-2014 04:32 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Please clarify your question.

Are you looking to connect free vocalization to speaking in tongues, or to learn about free vocalization apart from speaking in tongues?

well,both actually. I want to know what free vocalization is on it's own,how it occurs apart from speaking in tongues,how it is used for speaking in tongues,etc. I always thought they faked speaking in tongues,but i never really looked into it as it is rarely seen or heard of here

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
17-02-2014, 04:54 PM
(17-02-2014 04:42 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  TwoCult,
What was your understanding of the 144,000? Maybe provide some background for those unfamiliar with the term?
Doc

I learned more about the 144,000 after I left than I did when I was a Jehovah's Witness.

Basically, the doctrine holds that anyone who becomes a Jehovah's Witness and remains faithful will be rewarded with eternal life on an earthly paradise. The ultimate fate of the believer is not "heaven," but paradise, on earth. For a select few, however, there is a heavenly reward. Heaven is promised only to 144,000 (as pointed out in Revelation). These people, and only these people, are the sons of God and joint-heirs with Jesus Christ. You can assume the original apostles (minus Judas), Paul, Timothy and some other First Century believers are in the mix. God knows how many. But thousands more are followers of the Watchtower Society. Between the First Century and the 19th, there just weren't any.

This made Jehovah's Witness communion ceremonies one of the most comical things you've ever seen, because ONLY the 144,000 could partake of the bread (saltines) and wine. So you'd have these gatherings where hundreds of people would show up and pass the bread and wine around, and no one would be eating or drinking it!

It was hilarious.

But it's an error to say that the Jehovah's Witnesses only believe 144,000 people are going to be saved. They believe 144,000 will reign with Christ from heaven. But many, many more will be saved. On earth.
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
17-02-2014, 05:02 PM
(17-02-2014 04:44 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 04:32 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Please clarify your question.

Are you looking to connect free vocalization to speaking in tongues, or to learn about free vocalization apart from speaking in tongues?

well,both actually. I want to know what free vocalization is on it's own,how it occurs apart from speaking in tongues,how it is used for speaking in tongues,etc. I always thought they faked speaking in tongues,but i never really looked into it as it is rarely seen or heard of here

Ok, thank you for clarifying.

Here's the best article connecting free vocalization to speaking in tongues. Any follower of The Way who doesn't see the connection between how we were taught to speak in tongues and how someone can be taught to fake it is lying. Sorry to be blunt.

Here's a link to an acting site that employs a gibberish exercise. It's the exact same damn thing. You speak syllables, but they do not form words you recognize. It's easy as heck. Any one of you can do it, provided you are sincere in trying to fool someone into thinking it's an actual language and you can get over the initial embarrassment of engaging in the activity. Get a room full of people praying to manifest the holy spirit, and inhibitions pretty much fly out the window. "No one gets missed." Everyone manages to speak in tongues.
17-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Quote:“Gibberish” — Each member of the group begins by conducting a conversation with the person next to them, speaking an unknown language, entirely constructed in gibberish. The participants should try to use as many sounds and rhythms as possible, yet convey their intent, mood and ideas without using “real” words. Keep the conversation going until everyone has “talked’ to everyone else. - See more at: http://www.madeleinelengle.com/home/thea...taGG0.dpuf
17-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Sorry for monopolizing your time. When you were with the JWs, were you aware that they had changed the "original" Bible here and there, eg. changing John 1:1 from, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" to read "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."?

There are a few other such portions, I believe, like Gen. 1:2 and Heb. 1:8.

If you knew about these changes, how were they justified?

Doc
17-02-2014, 05:08 PM
(17-02-2014 05:06 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Sorry for monopolizing your time. When you were with the JWs, were you aware that they had changed the "original" Bible here and there, eg. changing John 1:1 from, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" to read "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god."?

There are a few other such portions, I believe, like Gen. 1:2 and Heb. 1:8.

If you knew about these changes, how were they justified?

Doc

I was too young to recognize those changes. Now I see them as manipulating the text so the translation says what you want it to say, which is not inconsistent with what a lot of Bibles do. Just a bit more transparent.
17-02-2014, 05:42 PM
(17-02-2014 05:02 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 04:44 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  well,both actually. I want to know what free vocalization is on it's own,how it occurs apart from speaking in tongues,how it is used for speaking in tongues,etc. I always thought they faked speaking in tongues,but i never really looked into it as it is rarely seen or heard of here

Ok, thank you for clarifying.

Here's the best article connecting free vocalization to speaking in tongues. Any follower of The Way who doesn't see the connection between how we were taught to speak in tongues and how someone can be taught to fake it is lying. Sorry to be blunt.

Here's a link to an acting site that employs a gibberish exercise. It's the exact same damn thing. You speak syllables, but they do not form words you recognize. It's easy as heck. Any one of you can do it, provided you are sincere in trying to fool someone into thinking it's an actual language and you can get over the initial embarrassment of engaging in the activity. Get a room full of people praying to manifest the holy spirit, and inhibitions pretty much fly out the window. "No one gets missed." Everyone manages to speak in tongues.

thanks dude,not only did you give me great info,but the 3th link (in the post below the one i'm responding to) contained an exercise that helps me with my voice and overall pronounciation. Defo +rep

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
17-02-2014, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 05:47 PM by TwoCultSurvivor.)
You're welcome.

Click on this thread for a little bit more on speaking in tongues.
17-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Again,thanks.
(gonna practice this and search a penycostal church to perform my "miracles" Evil_monster )
also, if your parents never difforced and you would've stayed a JW, do you think that you would have left it just like you left "the way" at a later point?
And using the 4 points doc used to describe a cult,wich is more "cultish" ? JW or the way? Why?