Interview with a ''gun nut''? Commentary Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2017, 05:47 PM
RE: Interview with a ''gun nut''?
(29-08-2017 04:55 PM)epronovost Wrote:  My hypothesis is that gun control debates have actually very little to do with politics as in costs, laws, statistics of firarms related death, but are primarly driven by conflicting value systems and perception of humankind in general.

I think this will be proven true (and doesn't need an interview to prove it; not that I don't want to see this thread continue as proposed).

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2017, 05:59 PM
(29-08-2017 05:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm nobody's mother.

Got that???

I don't speak for anyone, except myself. I don't know how all other gun owners feel, nor do I expect you'll be able to find someone else that represents all those folks that want " gun control" ( which actually isn't gun control, but is people control).

Loud and clear.

Of course I don't expect a single person to be representative of all those under a same umbrella. That doesn't mean your views and beliefs aren't shared by many. Plus knowing a little but is better than knowing nothing.

Final verdict?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
29-08-2017, 06:13 PM
No thanks.

You've made it very clear that you are diametrically opposed to my views of gun ownership.

I' m sure you feel that you will be " fair and balanced" in your questioning - but biases being what they are, always intrude.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-08-2017, 06:22 PM
I'm willing to do it as a "gun owner" but I don't think I fit the bill for much gun interest. Like Onlinebiker I wouldn't be comfortable thinking my views are representative of anyone outside myself, his views probably pull in a larger net of gun enthusiasts. But I have generally pro-gun attitudes and I'll explain my views if no one steps forwards closer to what Epronovost is looking for.

29-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Don't we have enough gun threads?

I think this proves there is a problem in the US concerning guns.

I never hear these sorts of discussions in Australia. If they occur it would be within small circles.

If guns are a problem in the US, such as when people are able to enter cinemas with military weapons and murder people, it is likely too late to change anything.

All the hoo hah and jumping about, isn't going to change things.

From what I have witnessed, speaking with a US citizen who claims "It is my right" is like debating a religious fundamentalist. There may be a disconnect going on.

Not being a medical professional, I am only able to speculate. My conclusions are worthless.

What really concerns me is America itself. It appears to be spiraling out of control.

I just hope they get their shit together.

How about a thread on fishing rods and tackle. Those are tools for hunting.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
29-08-2017, 06:36 PM
(29-08-2017 06:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Don't we have enough gun threads?

I think this proves there is a problem in the US concerning guns.

I never hear these sorts of discussions in Australia. If they occur it would be within small circles.

If guns are a problem in the US, such as when people are able to enter cinemas with military weapons and murder people, it is likely too late to change anything.

All the hoo hah and jumping about, isn't going to change things.

From what I have witnessed, speaking with a US citizen who claims "It is my right" is like debating a religious fundamentalist. There may be a disconnect going on.

Not being a medical professional, I am only able to speculate. My conclusions are worthless.

What really concerns me is America itself. It appears to be spiraling out of control.

I just hope they get their shit together.

How about a thread on fishing rods and tackle. Those are tools for hunting.
No..

They're tools for fishing....

If you try to land a 10 point buck with a deep sea fishing rig, with an ear of corn on a big treble hook, the Department of Fish and Game gets all sorts of excited..

Don't ask how I know..

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-08-2017, 06:42 PM
(29-08-2017 06:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They're tools for fishing....

If you try to land a 10 point buck with a deep sea fishing rig, with an ear of corn on a big treble hook, the Department of Fish and Game gets all sorts of excited..

Don't ask how I know..

Tongue

Did you complain it was against your rights as a citizen? Smile

We have laws regarding fishing here in Australia as well. Mainly in order to protect our marine species. We don't want our waters to become like the Aegean, where over fishing has created problems.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
29-08-2017, 06:55 PM
(29-08-2017 06:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Don't we have enough gun threads?

Great is the power of ignore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
29-08-2017, 07:02 PM
One can ignore topics?

Banjo.
29-08-2017, 07:03 PM
(29-08-2017 07:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  One can ignore topics?

Yep, don't click on them. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user