Interview with a pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
Interview with a pastor
I am the president of my schools club which is an affiliate of the Secular Student Alliance. Here in our local area we have a mega-church, Bethel, which hosts around 3000 people every week and also gets people from all around the world to go to their school of ministry.

I am planning on interviewing one of their pastors there. I have a few questions so far written down, and I thought I would ask this community if they had any suggestions on questions to ask.

Any and all questions will be evaluated and I will let you know if I decide to use your question!

I will also post the transcript (maybe audio) here once the interview is completed.

Best Wishes Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: Interview with a pastor
How much money does your church receive each year and why is it not being sent the way of taxation for it to be re-distributed later on in government ventures which would in all likelihood be far more helpful to the community in the long run than your church?

Sorry, I don't often deal with pastors, I don't know how to cater to their tastes.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
(02-05-2013 09:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  How much money does your church receive each year and why is it not being sent the way of taxation for it to be re-distributed later on in government ventures which would in all likelihood be far more helpful to the community in the long run than your church?

Sorry, I don't often deal with pastors, I don't know how to cater to their tastes.

AWESOME question. I have one similar written out but I like the wording of yours much better!
[+] 1 user Likes ReasonandScience's post
02-05-2013, 09:19 PM
(02-05-2013 09:14 PM)ReasonandScience Wrote:  I am the president of my schools club which is an affiliate of the Secular Student Alliance. Here in our local area we have a mega-church, Bethel, which hosts around 3000 people every week and also gets people from all around the world to go to their school of ministry.

I am planning on interviewing one of their pastors there. I have a few questions so far written down, and I thought I would ask this community if they had any suggestions on questions to ask.

Any and all questions will be evaluated and I will let you know if I decide to use your question!

Best Wishes Big Grin

Ask him what his take home pay was last year and if he doesn't think its hypocritical for churches to be exempt from taxation since tax money is in part used to fund education and help the needy. Then, as he's excusing you, kick him in the balls.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-05-2013, 09:21 PM
(02-05-2013 09:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  How much money does your church receive each year and why is it not being sent the way of taxation for it to be re-distributed later on in government ventures which would in all likelihood be far more helpful to the community in the long run than your church?

Damn Freethought, we were typing the same thing simultaneously! That was cool...and weird!

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
02-05-2013, 09:25 PM
(02-05-2013 09:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:14 PM)ReasonandScience Wrote:  I am the president of my schools club which is an affiliate of the Secular Student Alliance. Here in our local area we have a mega-church, Bethel, which hosts around 3000 people every week and also gets people from all around the world to go to their school of ministry.

Best Wishes Big Grin

Ask him what his take home pay was last year and if he doesn't think its hypocritical for churches to be exempt from taxation since tax money is in part used to fund education and help the needy. Then, as he's excusing you, kick him in the balls.

HAHA. Though an awesome question, I think that is getting a little to personal. Ill think about the wordage and let you know if I come up with one that is similar, if nt maybe it'll be the last question that i ask, since as you stated I will most likely be excused after lol.
02-05-2013, 09:31 PM
(02-05-2013 09:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

Damn Freethought, we were typing the same thing simultaneously! That was cool...and weird!

Obviously, it's divine intervention for us to be thinking along similar lines.

No possible alternative explanation.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-05-2013, 09:36 PM
(02-05-2013 09:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:21 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Damn Freethought, we were typing the same thing simultaneously! That was cool...and weird!

Obviously, it's divine intervention for us to be thinking along similar lines.

No possible alternative explanation.

Nope, none. Let us prey. Goodevil

02-05-2013, 09:38 PM
(02-05-2013 09:25 PM)ReasonandScience Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 09:19 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Ask him what his take home pay was last year and if he doesn't think its hypocritical for churches to be exempt from taxation since tax money is in part used to fund education and help the needy. Then, as he's excusing you, kick him in the balls.

HAHA. Though an awesome question, I think that is getting a little to personal. Ill think about the wordage and let you know if I come up with one that is similar, if nt maybe it'll be the last question that i ask, since as you stated I will most likely be excused after lol.

Personal my Censored.
Then ask him if and how much his church requires as tithing.

02-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Ask him where the line is drawn between spare the rod spoil the child and child abuse. And if he has the nerve to answer instead of running you out, ask him why 99% of serial killers and spree killers have been raised in "good Christian homes"... and the other 1% have been raised in not so good Christian homes.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post