Interview with a serpentdove
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Interview with a serpentdove
Hi serpentdove,

Thank you for being volonteer for this interview (to other readers, he/she accepted my invitation via private message). As individuals, I don't think we could be any more different. So I really look foward to your answers and see if we can come to some form of understanding. Let's not waste anymore time in introduction and attack the subject.

1) What is the name of your religion? If you have a specific denomination I what would it be?

2) Since when do you claim to belong to that religion?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
03-07-2017, 08:23 AM
RE: Interview with a serpentdove
(02-07-2017 07:02 PM)epronovost Wrote:  What is the name of your religion? If you have a specific denomination I what would it be?
Christian, non-denominational.

(02-07-2017 07:02 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Since when do you claim to belong to that religion?
03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Are you born in a predominantly Christian country or area?

It's relatively rare that a person can pinpoint exactly when they became religious (or not) as its usually a process and strongly linked to our relationship with our family and friends. What happen in 2005 to make it ''the year you converted to Christianity''?

03-07-2017, 12:48 PM
(03-07-2017 10:03 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Are you born in a predominantly Christian country or area?
America. We are post-Christian.
(03-07-2017 10:03 AM)epronovost Wrote:  It's relatively rare that a person can pinpoint exactly when they became religious…
I don’t have a plan or program (Jud 11). I have a savior (Jn 14:6). Most people are going to hell (Mt 7:14).
(03-07-2017 10:03 AM)epronovost Wrote:  What happen in 2005 to make it ''the year you converted to Christianity''?
A boy died and I witnessed the grace of God in his mother who spoke at the funeral. I knew that I didn’t have what she had (Ps 34:18).
03-07-2017, 01:06 PM
By America I suspect the United States and not the continent. Are you willing to disclose in which part of the United States you were born and grew up in? It's a very big and extremely diverse country.

If I understand you correctly, you converted to Christianity during the funeral of a boy. First of all, I suspect that this boy was either a friend or a relative and I would like to offer you my condolences and advise you that if any of my question start to bring you in too uncomfortable memories to advise me and we will move on.

What did you thought was so stricking, so important in this mother message to her dead son that would be capable of making you a Christian?

Before those events of 2005, were you still a theist of some sort or were you an atheist? How did you view the concept of gods, supernatural creatures (ghosts, angels, demons, etc.) and afterlife before your conversion?

BTW: Please refrain from ''speaking in scripture''. I want to hear your own thoughts, history and beliefs in your own word. If I want to read Bible quotes, I will read a Bible. I have absolutly no emotionnal attachment to those quotes, neither do I find them interesting on an intellectual level. As such, they are a terrible way to communicate information and relate with me.

[+] 5 users Like epronovost's post
03-07-2017, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 03:44 PM by serpentdove.)
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  By America I suspect the United States and not the continent. Are you willing to disclose in which part of the United States you were born and grew up in? It's a very big and extremely diverse country.
I’ve lived all over the country. We are a godless nation. I’m sure you’ve noticed (Ps 12:8).
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  If I understand you correctly, you converted to Christianity during the funeral of a boy.
I had believed that I was a Christian. I would learn later after studying the bible that I was not. I had not turned from sin and put my trust in the Lord (Acts 2:37, 38). I, like most people, thought that I was a good person (Ro 3:12).
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  First of all, I suspect that this boy was either a friend or a relative…
No. Just a boy at my kids’ school. I saw his small casket in front of our church/school and attended the funeral to show support. I sat in the back and the Lord put me in a vise. He made it abundantly clear to me that I didn’t have what it would take to make it through this life. Remember Job—full of fear? We’re not supposed to have fear. We are told over and over—have no fear. Job had it—look what happened (Jb 3:25). Satan believed that Job would curse God. He didn’t.
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  …What did you thought was so striking, so important in this mother[‘s] message to her dead son that would be capable of making you a Christian?
She smiled. That didn’t make sense to me.
My former pastor used to say, “There two types of people in the world—those who have hope and those who need hope.”
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Before those events of 2005, were you still a theist of some sort or were you an atheist?
I was a Catholic—even worse (Jud 11). I believed if I buried a mini statue of Joseph upside down in my yard, that I could more easily sell my house. I believed all their lies and learned that I’d been duped.
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  How did you view the concept of gods, supernatural creatures (ghosts, angels, demons, etc.) and afterlife before your conversion?
I had attended a psychic festival once and a woman told me things that I thought must be true—we’re talking major malfunction here. [Image: freaks.gif]
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  BTW: Please refrain from ''speaking in scripture''….
Please refrain from keeping your arms and legs on your body (Ac 17:28).
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I want to hear your own thoughts…
Who cares about my thoughts? I don’t care about my thoughts. What has he said? Ga 2:20
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I have absolutely no emotional attachment to those quotes…
It’s all about you (2 Tim. 3:2). [Image: idunno.gif]
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  …[N]either do I find them interesting on an intellectual level.
Why would you? [Image: juggle.gif] 1 Co 1:18
(03-07-2017 01:06 PM)epronovost Wrote:  As such, they are a terrible way to communicate information and relate with me.
Darkness is offended by the light (Jn 3:19).
03-07-2017, 04:04 PM
In order to even rise to "offended", one would have to have a minimum of respect for the stuff being proffered. Serpentdove is not *even* offensive....just rather annoyingly stupid and oblivious about how one would go about sharing their faith, if they expected any success.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
03-07-2017, 04:28 PM
(03-07-2017 02:03 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  Who cares about my thoughts? I don’t care about my thoughts. What has he said? Ga 2:20.

I do. That's the whole point of this interview. When I asked via PM you seemed to think it would be interesting. Do you have second doubt about it since it implies you would have to express yourself in more ''intimate'' manner and not simply be the mouthpiece of a famous book? If so, please let me know via PM and we will continue this interview.

03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
An inconsiderate Christian ... that's a new one on me!
03-07-2017, 04:36 PM
@Thumpalumpacus and Bucky Ball

Sorry to mention it guys, but please remember this is the Boxing Ring. Those comments should be in a seperate thread. You might scare the fishes away...Wink

[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
Thread Closed