Interviewed on a Show

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 01:30 AM
Interviewed on a Show

I'm the guy with the beard.

Aside from me talking to much, thoughts?

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 01:35 AM
RE: Interviewed on a Show
I watched that the other day. Cool! Great job!!! I'm really enjoying the place. But man, the host guy (Michael?) is mentally bionic. I watched two of his lectures on Greek this week and my brain is numb. He's brilliant. But when he monologues, I feel like a retarded red headed stepchild.

I can't seem to pin him down. I know he's a Theist. But he's not your average idiot preacher. What's his world view?
[+] 1 user Likes onedream's post
30-04-2013, 01:45 AM
(30-04-2013 01:35 AM)onedream Wrote:  I watched that the other day. Cool! Great job!!! I'm really enjoying the place. But man, the host guy (Michael?) is mentally bionic. I watched two of his lectures on Greek this week and my brain is numb. He's brilliant. But when he monologues, I feel like a retarded red headed stepchild.

I can't seem to pin him down. I know he's a Theist. But he's not your average idiot preacher. What's his world view?

I don't get to watch much video so I'm not sure.
From speaking with him and from when I'm there, it seems he's written off the Old Testament for the most part and has the "God is love" theme that is coming to be popular.
His view is that Jesus was not here as sacrifice, instead he was murdered, though still the son of God.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
30-04-2013, 02:06 AM
They asked you if you were comfortable as an Atheist. You said yes.

My answer would have been "No" for myself. I'm an agnostic. I'm constantly searching for evidence on both sides. I see no solid evidence for a God. But I'm constantly listening to arguments. I don't want reverse dogma. And I dont want to miss any possible evidence of a God if one exists. So I keep learning and listening. And it's exhausting and emotionally draining.
30-04-2013, 02:10 AM
For me atheism is a tentative conclusion that can be changed with good evidence. I'm a skeptic, not a cynic. And I'm comfortable in that position.

Part of the reason I participate in stuff like this is... maybe I'm wrong.

First time I was on the show, it took me a realize that I was getting angry as they were agreeing with me so much. Reason is, I was wanting to hear "Oh no, you have it wrong, here, see, this is the right way to look at it."
Never came.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
30-04-2013, 02:28 AM
I wish, too, that he would have responded to some of your assertions with his view. But I think he's trying to act more as a facilitator. We're you on one of the shows with Eric Hovind? I thought I recalled seeing you on one with him.
30-04-2013, 02:31 AM
(30-04-2013 02:28 AM)onedream Wrote:  I wish, too, that he would have responded to some of your assertions with his view. But I think he's trying to act more as a facilitator. We're you on one of the shows with Eric Hovind? I thought I recalled seeing you on one with him.
Yeah, though not on the panel.
I did get to ask a question at the end, and being there is what led to me being on the show.

And he is there more as a facilitator than a commentator, be more fun though to have a challenge.

GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker