Into the Wormhole in Space

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Into the Wormhole in Space
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Sockmonster yet. You know, the guy who lives in the dryer, and eats socks ... one sock at a time.

Why can't that lousy bastard eat a pair? That shit gets my OCD janglin', leaving one sock.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2015, 12:16 PM
(08-11-2015 10:58 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 05:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure how this relates to wormholes, but you know how you can never find a paper clip, but your closet is full of wire hangers? Consider

I'm pretty sure that paper clips are the larval stage of wire hangers. Yes

Really, the wire hangers always get lost here.

Same here; I never a problem finding paperclips but never have any wire hangers. I suspect the latter may be that since I have very little to dry clean I am not getting the resupply that many others do. What happens to the ones I do get is still a mystery.

(08-11-2015 11:44 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Sockmonster yet. You know, the guy who lives in the dryer, and eats socks ... one sock at a time.

Why can't that lousy bastard eat a pair? That shit gets my OCD janglin', leaving one sock.

No sock monster... socks are inherently unstable and spontaneously decay, especially when heated. Where do you think lint comes from?
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I bought a nice pair of socks, they were really smooth and stuff, and expensive.could've bought a pack of 5 pairs with that money, but they would be really warm.
Generally, the more expensive the pair the more unstable it is, hence the more prone to decay it is.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-11-2015, 05:51 PM
I reject this dissolution hypothesis. Why only socks? Why not other garments? My hypothesis explains this by dietary preference.
08-11-2015, 05:54 PM
Other garments are not unstable and prone to decay Drinking Beverage

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
08-11-2015, 06:06 PM
(08-11-2015 05:54 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Other garments are not unstable and prone to decay Drinking Beverage

Special pleading.
08-11-2015, 06:06 PM
(08-11-2015 11:44 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Sockmonster yet. You know, the guy who lives in the dryer, and eats socks ... one sock at a time.

Because he doesn't want to get fat.
08-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Hell, take the other one for leftovers.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-11-2015, 07:15 PM
(08-11-2015 05:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I reject this dissolution hypothesis. Why only socks? Why not other garments? My hypothesis explains this by dietary preference.

It has to do with fabric against the soles of your feet; your socks soak up the toxins leaching through your feet and the chemicals interact with the sock material and destabilize the intramolecular bonds. The only way to avoid it is to store your socks in pyramid-shaped grain bins.
Drinking Beverage

Drooling

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-11-2015, 07:41 PM
(08-11-2015 05:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure how this relates to wormholes, but you know how you can never find a paper clip, but your closet is full of wire hangers? Consider

I'm pretty sure that paper clips are the larval stage of wire hangers. Yes

Nope. Joan got rid of them.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.