Into the Wormhole in Space

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2015 12:30 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: Into the Wormhole in Space
(08-11-2015 07:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 05:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I reject this dissolution hypothesis. Why only socks? Why not other garments? My hypothesis explains this by dietary preference.

It has to do with fabric against the soles of your feet; your socks soak up the toxins leaching through your feet and the chemicals interact with the sock material and destabilize the intramolecular bonds. The only way to avoid it is to store your socks in pyramid-shaped grain bins.
Drinking Beverage

Drooling

Sorry, I am an apyramidist. I've seen no evidence of its efficacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-11-2015, 11:57 PM
And then the aliens come and land their ships on the pyramids and take your socks as a sacrifice.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
09-11-2015, 07:54 AM
(08-11-2015 10:58 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 05:57 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm not sure how this relates to wormholes, but you know how you can never find a paper clip, but your closet is full of wire hangers? Consider

I'm pretty sure that paper clips are the larval stage of wire hangers. Yes

Really, the wire hangers always get lost here.

That's the wormhole. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2015, 07:58 AM
(08-11-2015 07:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 05:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I reject this dissolution hypothesis. Why only socks? Why not other garments? My hypothesis explains this by dietary preference.

It has to do with fabric against the soles of your feet; your socks soak up the toxins leaching through your feet and the chemicals interact with the sock material and destabilize the intramolecular bonds. The only way to avoid it is to store your socks in pyramid-shaped grain bins.
Drinking Beverage

Drooling

The amount of Woo For Profit™ on that site is stunning. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2015, 10:15 AM
(09-11-2015 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2015 07:15 PM)unfogged Wrote:  It has to do with fabric against the soles of your feet; your socks soak up the toxins leaching through your feet and the chemicals interact with the sock material and destabilize the intramolecular bonds. The only way to avoid it is to store your socks in pyramid-shaped grain bins.
Drinking Beverage

Drooling

The amount of Woo For Profit™ on that site is stunning. Shocking

Yeah, sometimes I wish I had a sufficient lack of integrity to capitalize on crap like that. Peddling woo appears to be very lucrative.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-11-2015, 10:25 AM
(09-11-2015 10:15 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(09-11-2015 07:58 AM)Chas Wrote:  The amount of Woo For Profit™ on that site is stunning. Shocking

Yeah, sometimes I wish I had a sufficient lack of integrity to capitalize on crap like that. Peddling woo appears to be very lucrative.

I saw a debunking of the "toxins through the feet" garbage a few years ago -- was either 60 minutes or 20/20.....

They did some real testing on one of those products - -and found that the "toxins out of your body turning the pads black" could be achieved by an application of distilled water to the pads...... It was simply moisture causing a reaction in the pad itself - not any sort of chelation..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-11-2015, 11:16 AM
(07-11-2015 11:24 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  working ballpoint pens and sharpened pencils.

The other end of your pen/pencil wormhole is at my house. Specifically, two drawers in my spare bedroom near the desk. In these drawers are approximately 50,000 assorted lightly used pens and pencils. Most of these were liberated from their owners by my kleptomaniac wife. I believe many of them to have arrived via wormhole or some other advanced teleportation mechanism.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
09-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Oh, somehow I always end up with pencils and pens that I borrowed from people, and I never remember bagging them. Explain that, missing items black hole theorists!

Oh, as the amount of time you use a borrowed pen increases, the likelihood that you break something of it approaches 1.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....