Intriduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Intriduction
I am a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, an atheist, gardener, writer, photographer, gourmet chef, with a keen enthusiasm for participating in making positive changes in our world. Religion has been a force of abuse, domination, exploitation, colonization and wars. It is way past time to confront religion and all its machinations.
Idea
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JoanDenoo's post
20-11-2013, 03:24 AM
RE: Intriduction
Thats quite a list there. Welcome

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-11-2013, 04:28 AM
Welcome madam.
[Image: bow.gif]
21-11-2013, 05:32 AM
(20-11-2013 12:46 AM)JoanDenoo Wrote:  I am a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, an atheist, gardener, writer, photographer, gourmet chef, with a keen enthusiasm for participating in making positive changes in our world. Religion has been a force of abuse, domination, exploitation, colonization and wars. It is way past time to confront religion and all its machinations.
Idea

Welcome! I love gardening and cooking too. Hopefully you'll do some posting in our food section.

As for religion - the more I interact with young people, the more I see that it is on it's way out. Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
21-11-2013, 08:47 AM
(20-11-2013 12:46 AM)JoanDenoo Wrote:  I am a mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, an atheist, gardener, writer, photographer, gourmet chef, with a keen enthusiasm for participating in making positive changes in our world. Religion has been a force of abuse, domination, exploitation, colonization and wars. It is way past time to confront religion and all its machinations.
Idea

Welcome Mom (I feel I can call you that as I am the same age group as you!).

Given the list you've presented, I cannot hold a candle! I am a Dad, Granddad, Atheist, gardener (have to be 'cause everything I plant dies so I have to plant again), rotten writer, picture taker (I don't think in my long life I've ever take a true photograph, but thousands of pictures), cook (I can keep myself alive if I have enough box mixes), and grow increasingly optimistic...at least until it's time to try to get out of bed in the AM.

See!? Not eve a candle! Smile

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster