Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Intro
This is all new- long story short- I have been an Atheist for about a month.
I was a mormon for 39 years- then a christian for a year- I have tons of children and yes they are all mine!
It's a difficult time for me right now- husband is christian- after I convinced him the mormon church was a fraud- then leading him and our children to a christian church to find that it was just as full of shit as the rest- after much study and freethinking I came out- told my husband I was an Atheist.
Let's just say it hasn't been pretty at home as of lately!
Looking forward to having some like minded people in my life.

If no change in reality can change your belief - Then your belief is not based on anything in reality
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hope's post
24-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Intro
Welcome! I hope you like it here. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-10-2012, 09:31 PM
RE: Intro
(24-10-2012 09:07 PM)Hope Wrote:  This is all new- long story short- I have been an Atheist for about a month.
I was a mormon for 39 years- then a christian for a year- I have tons of children and yes they are all mine!
It's a difficult time for me right now- husband is christian- after I convinced him the mormon church was a fraud- then leading him and our children to a christian church to find that it was just as full of shit as the rest- after much study and freethinking I came out- told my husband I was an Atheist.
Let's just say it hasn't been pretty at home as of lately!
Looking forward to having some like minded people in my life.

Welcome to the forum. I remember the first few months I let go of theism pretty well. A few here are in the same boat with their marriages and can relate. This is a great place to learn, ask questions and discover.

Glad you are seeking truth Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
24-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Welcome to TTA. Smile

Hopefully you can share your experiences with the Mormon church with us. I don't recall an ex-Mormon joining TTA within my time on here.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
24-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Welcome to TTA. I hope things get better.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
24-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Intro
(24-10-2012 09:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Welcome to TTA. Smile

Hopefully you can share your experiences with the Mormon church with us. I don't recall an ex-Mormon joining TTA within my time on here.

You haven't been paying attention then. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
24-10-2012, 09:51 PM
(24-10-2012 09:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:32 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Welcome to TTA. Smile

You haven't been paying attention then. Drinking Beverage
Probably. Consider 'Got any examples?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
24-10-2012, 09:57 PM
はい sry about your family, but I'm happy that you became a free thinker. Enjoy your time here, may it serve you well.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
24-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Intro
(24-10-2012 09:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 09:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You haven't been paying attention then. Drinking Beverage
Probably. Consider 'Got any examples?

No, because I haven't been paying attention either...but they are around here somewhere.

I think they're hiding out until after the election.

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Hello and welcome. Sorry you are in such a tough spot, hope things look up for you. Dive right in.