Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: Intro
(27-10-2012 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have an imaginary friend - my late husband.

Sometimes when I run into issues and am thinking: "What now?" I can more or less "hear" his input.

I know that is because I know him so well that I already know what he would do or say. And he is not actually out there - he just exists in my brain, the result of his being part of my thought processes for 30 years.

I thought about it and decided there was nothing wrong with that. I imagine over time my brain will produce his input less and less, as no new experiences are added.

Now, the imaginary friend "god" is a similar thing I think. Believers have been conditioned all their life to listen for the voice of "god", and to think about whether god would approve of their actions.

No wonder people "hear" "god's" input at times. It's carved into their brains, over and over and over...

And like my husband, this should slowly fade by itself if no new "god" experiences are added...

Dom- so sorry for the loss of your husband and I am sure hearing his voice is a comfort...hopefully something you don't want to forget.
I know that I have missed having that comfort of thinking someone was listening to me mentally-but this is all to fresh in my mind only about a month of acceptance that their is no god and so I do see how time will help with all the conditioning that has taken place over the past 40years.
With my husband he sees me going through a change and he's not sure if he likes it, when I realized that I would never see my mother again that was a tough day or two and many other things I had held out hope in for the afterlife.
I need to be happy because to him he doesn't see any reason why he would want to go where I have gone.
Thank you Dom

If no change in reality can change your belief - Then your belief is not based on anything in reality
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Hope's post
28-10-2012, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 04:26 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Intro
(27-10-2012 08:29 AM)Dom Wrote:  I have an imaginary friend - my late husband.

He's not imaginary Dom. He's still vibrant for a bit longer at least. Smile

(27-10-2012 09:27 PM)Hope Wrote:  With my husband he sees me going through a change and he's not sure if he likes it, ... I need to be happy because to him he doesn't see any reason why he would want to go where I have gone.

Tell him it's menopause and he won't bring it up again. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply