Intro: )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Intro: )
Hi, I am a 32 year old mom/wife/nurse. I was raised Catholic/Christian, but always questioned my religion, mostly because my parents were divorced and I knew that they were good people, despite what my religion taught. I recently decided that I could no longer blindly believe what I felt was a lot of nonsense. So I started learning as much as I could about the Bible. The more I learned, the more ridiculous it seemed to me! My family and friends are appalled when I say that I don't believe in god. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one awake, surrounded by people who are brainwashed! It would be great to have other people to talk to who share my belief in logic and reason!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Awake: )'s post
28-04-2015, 07:41 AM
RE: Intro: )
(28-04-2015 07:11 AM)Awake: ) Wrote:  Hi, I am a 32 year old mom/wife/nurse. I was raised Catholic/Christian, but always questioned my religion, mostly because my parents were divorced and I knew that they were good people, despite what my religion taught. I recently decided that I could no longer blindly believe what I felt was a lot of nonsense. So I started learning as much as I could about the Bible. The more I learned, the more ridiculous it seemed to me! My family and friends are appalled when I say that I don't believe in god. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one awake, surrounded by people who are brainwashed! It would be great to have other people to talk to who share my belief in logic and reason!

Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Pull up a chair and chime right in.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Why helloooo. I'm a 30 yr old mom/soon-to-be ex-wife/nurse.

Welcome Smile

Can't say I'm fully awake though...my last cup of coffee was at 0200. Hobo

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
28-04-2015, 08:07 AM
Know how you feel! Sometimes life can feel like you're the only sane person in an asylum run by the patients.

Thankfully, you are not alone :-) I'm not sure where you live, but here in the UK, secular humanism is becoming more normal day by day.

I'm a noobie here, too, but welcome!

Jenn

"There's a good lesson to learn from every bad day!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2015, 08:09 AM
(28-04-2015 08:07 AM)Jennasis Wrote:  Know how you feel! Sometimes life can feel like you're the only sane person in an asylum run by the patients.

Thankfully, you are not alone :-) I'm not sure where you live, but here in the UK, secular humanism is becoming more normal day by day.

I love your id--I only wish I thought of it Sad I'm a Jen too!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
28-04-2015, 08:13 AM
(28-04-2015 08:09 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-04-2015 08:07 AM)Jennasis Wrote:  Know how you feel! Sometimes life can feel like you're the only sane person in an asylum run by the patients.

I love your id--I only wish I thought of it Sad I'm a Jen too!

Thanks Jen, and hi! o/ :-)

I've been using this for years, so it's a default for me and I can't claim that I ever made any intentional connection with the religious "Genesis" until I decided to register here ^_^

Jenn

"There's a good lesson to learn from every bad day!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Jennasis's post
28-04-2015, 02:30 PM
I live in Michigan, United States, very small town! I've honestly only known one other person who is an atheist, he was my sociology instructor in college. People seem to be very close minded here. A lot of people are praying for my lost soul lol!
28-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Welcome aboard!
28-04-2015, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard!

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)