Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2016, 09:07 AM
RE: Intro
Welcome Sean?

I'm getting a little confused by your posts. You've only posted 6 times and have already decided to jump ship?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 11:36 AM
And during the time it took to make those 6 posts I have already noticed 2 others 'lifeboating' here.

I'd rather not be a reminder to them of the other site imploding, as I also do not want to be reminded of that myself.

LOL, it didn't occur to me anyone else would bail out over this territory, actually that's a pretty high tribute to your board.

Salute!

Thumbsup
01-06-2016, 05:15 PM
(01-06-2016 11:36 AM)Sean Crawley Wrote:  And during the time it took to make those 6 posts I have already noticed 2 others 'lifeboating' here.

Dafuq that even mean?

#sigh
01-06-2016, 06:17 PM
He's a long time user of a dying forum, and he thought he'd be the only one from "over there" to come here. Like it somehow matters? Hobo
01-06-2016, 06:24 PM
(01-06-2016 05:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 11:36 AM)Sean Crawley Wrote:  And during the time it took to make those 6 posts I have already noticed 2 others 'lifeboating' here.

Dafuq that even mean?

Message boards are not eternal. For whatever reason; funding, dissension, ennui, sometimes message boards fail.

I'm on one now that is showing clear signs of imploding, and I'm trying out some other message boards for appropriateness. This looked like a good prospect, but I really want a fresh start, and noticing other 'refugees' from the failing board have lodged here is a deal breaker for me. No harm, no foul, it's nobodies fault. I had some criteria in mind and it didn't occur to me to scour the member list here prior to signing up.

I'm starting to understand why folks that only make a few posts then leave a board rarely bother trying to explain . . . .

Undecided
01-06-2016, 06:31 PM
OK, so dish out the juicy bits. Who are the others and what do we watch out for? Do we need glasses to see them, as in the movie "They Live"?

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Blink

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)