Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 03:00 PM by Dom.)
RE: Intro
(20-02-2017 02:19 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 08:33 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome to the forum.

I doubt many of us were expecting even that much. Wink

On the Amazon fora, each post gets tagged (I'll call it) with, "Do you think this adds to the discussion," and we can vote yes or no. It's often called upvoting or downvoting. There are a few people who can get annoyed or irate over one downvote.

Here you can rate users - your ratings show up as "reputation" when you post. Your's is still a zero since you are new. When you see someone with a negative rating, they are usually dicks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
20-02-2017, 02:52 PM
(20-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:19 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  On the Amazon fora, each post gets tagged (I'll call it) with, "Do you think this adds to the discussion," and we can vote yes or no. It's often called upvoting or downvoting. There are a few people who can get annoyed or irate over one downvote.

Here you can rate users - your ratings show up as "reputation" when you p[oat. Your's is still a zero since you are new. When you see someone with a negative rating, they are usually dicks.

...and those with negative reputation aren't necessarily theists! We have equal opportunity here. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-02-2017, 02:56 PM
(20-02-2017 09:16 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 10:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Hello. Seems like there must be some back story to this influx of people. Care to share?

We've gotten tired of the trolls and the inconsistent monitors, who banished a couple of our best posters (mostly for complaining about the trolls). We followed Dorsie over.

Hmm. Good reason to bail. We get to hammer the trolls into paste, if we want. They usually get banned, though. Some people like to chew on them; more power to them. I personally ignore them, unless they interfere with me directly. That hasn't happened here.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
20-02-2017, 04:23 PM
(20-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:19 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  On the Amazon fora, each post gets tagged (I'll call it) with, "Do you think this adds to the discussion," and we can vote yes or no. It's often called upvoting or downvoting. There are a few people who can get annoyed or irate over one downvote.

Here you can rate users - your ratings show up as "reputation" when you post. Your's is still a zero since you are new. When you see someone with a negative rating, they are usually dicks.

I wondered what "reputation" meant here, thanks.
20-02-2017, 04:36 PM
(20-02-2017 02:52 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Here you can rate users - your ratings show up as "reputation" when you p[oat. Your's is still a zero since you are new. When you see someone with a negative rating, they are usually dicks.

...and those with negative reputation aren't necessarily theists! We have equal opportunity here. Big Grin

I know the type. We have one poster who wishes he could believe in a god and is often tiresome and whiny. True, he's suffered some major losses, but all of us have and most don't continue to roll in the grief.
20-02-2017, 06:22 PM
(20-02-2017 04:23 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 02:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Here you can rate users - your ratings show up as "reputation" when you post. Your's is still a zero since you are new. When you see someone with a negative rating, they are usually dicks.

I wondered what "reputation" meant here, thanks.

It means how many people you've beaten the shit outta.....

Tongue

But, Welcome anyway.

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Welcome, Mary Shy
And anybody who snuck in behind ya. Tongue

20-02-2017, 08:44 PM
Welcome, we're glad you found our little corner of the interwebs.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
20-02-2017, 09:13 PM
(20-02-2017 06:22 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 04:23 PM)Mary L. Mand Wrote:  I wondered what "reputation" meant here, thanks.

It means how many people you've beaten the shit outta.....

Tongue

But, Welcome anyway.

Big Grin

Oh, like a body count. Good to know, thanks.
20-02-2017, 09:20 PM
(20-02-2017 07:00 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Welcome, Mary Shy
And anybody who snuck in behind ya. Tongue

Sorry, no entouage, but thanks.