Intro Post

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Intro Post
A'm pleased tae meet ye Danny Boy.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
14-11-2015, 06:44 PM
RE: Intro Post
(13-11-2015 08:26 PM)OhDannyBoy Wrote:  I admit this is not my first post. I did do a test post and made a few comments before this post.

I have progressed (I think) from being somewhat religious (family history) to calling myself an Agnostic, then a Freethinker, a Secular Humanist and now to a full fledged Atheist.

I still am still somewhat confused myself as what I should call myself. I know I don't believe in any Diety, Heaven, Hell, an Afterlife, and certainly not prayer. Gradually coming out to friends and family. My friends are understanding but family is another issue altogether. The real kicker is living in very conserative central Florida. Hell, we can't get the local country government to stop flying the Confederate flag in front of their building. Meeting someone new they have no problem asking what church you belong to. Give me a break.

Lot of reading lately (Dawkins, Harris, Andrews). Attended FREEFLOW conference in Orlando last week. Plus this Forum.

It's nice to have someone understand your being a non-religious individual.

DJ

Welcome aboard

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply