Intro and a few questions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 05:02 AM
RE: Intro and a few questions
Welcome aboard.

Lots of great people, resources and threads to read. If you have any questions please let me know. Glad you found us. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
08-09-2015, 05:51 AM
Welcome...

Just tell them you'll believe in their invisible sky daddy, when he shows up in person with a six pack of beer, a bag of pretzels and some Cuban cigars.

If a guy wants your vote of confidence, he's entitled to pay for it....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
08-09-2015, 07:57 AM
(07-09-2015 09:42 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 09:40 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  "There is no God. I know this because God spoke to me and told me he does not exist."

Dammit, that's my line. Angry

I make no claims to having invented it. I just don't remember who I picked it up from. I cheerfully admit to having stolen it. But I'm still going to keep using it.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
08-09-2015, 09:04 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Hi!

Welcome!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
08-09-2015, 05:23 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I do enjoy the outlandish claims idea, I will have to hold on to that to try at a later date.

The more we know, the more ignorant we become in the absolute sense, for it is only through enlightenment that we become conscious of our limitations. Precisely one of the most gratifying results of intellectual evolution is the continuous opening up of new and greater prospects.
Nikola Tesla
[+] 2 users Like myownslave's post
09-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Welcome Myownslave!

You will find that the topic of defending non-belief comes up quite often in this forum as well as creative or even down-right hilarious ways to deal with it. I hope you feel at home Thumbsup

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
09-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Hi Myownslave.

My advice.

Don't feed the Trolls.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
09-09-2015, 01:57 PM
(07-09-2015 09:40 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  4. Baffle them with bullshit. Use your imagination, but here's an example: "There is no God. I know this because God spoke to me and told me he does not exist." Variation: If someone says that God speaks to them, you say: "That's not true. God told me that he's never spoken to you. You've been listening to Satan. Everything he's told you is a lie."

Being my own personal Jesus and whatnot, I've used "Of course God exists, silly goose. Behold me in my glory and magnificence." Works best if I'm naked.

N.B. This doesn't work on Buddhists who just smile quizzically or Mormons who actually believe me and hug me saying "We've come to take you home Brother God."

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-09-2015, 03:10 PM
(09-09-2015 01:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 09:40 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  4. Baffle them with bullshit. Use your imagination, but here's an example: "There is no God. I know this because God spoke to me and told me he does not exist." Variation: If someone says that God speaks to them, you say: "That's not true. God told me that he's never spoken to you. You've been listening to Satan. Everything he's told you is a lie."

Being my own personal Jesus and whatnot, I've used "Of course God exists, silly goose. Behold me in my glory and magnificence." Works best if I'm naked.

N.B. This doesn't work on Buddhists who just smile quizzically or Mormons who actually believe me and hug me saying "We've come to take you home Brother God."
Has Alla been to your house? Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user