Intro-duck-shun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2014, 08:24 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 08:40 PM by CindysRain.)
Smile Intro-duck-shun
Well hello there!

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

With about 40 years of religion, working against me, I somehow figured out, on my own, that there really is no god, and that the bible is like Swiss cheese - full of holes.

I've spent the past 3 or 4 years detoxing from the baptist brainwashing. Having said that, my next dilemma was, where do I go from here??!! I still do not know. I'm also unsure of what I am now. I identify with atheists the most, but not sure that I even want a title to define my belief system either. Does that make sense?

But, for detoxing sake, I think you wicked, evil atheists Laughat, could be my best allies. With nearly everyone I know basically believing in the biblical god, in one form or another, I am pretty much alone now. The ones I've told do not understand what happened to me. Nothing "happened" to me. I just woke up. I'm much smarter than I gave myself credit for.

Thanks for allowing me to join!

~Cindy Bowing

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like CindysRain's post
02-05-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Intro-duck-shun
(02-05-2014 08:24 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Well hello there!

With about 40 years of religion, working against me, I somehow figured out, on my own, that there really is no god, and that the bible is like Swiss cheese - full of holes.

I've spent the past 3 or 4 years detoxing from the baptist brainwashing. Having said that, my next dilemma was, where do I go from here??!! I still do not know. I'm also unsure of what I am now. I identify with atheists the most, but not sure that I even want a title to define my belief system either. Does that make sense?

But, for detoxing sake, I think you wicked, evil atheists Laughat, could be my best allies. With nearly everyone I know basically believing in the biblical god, in one form or another, I am pretty much alone now. The ones I've told do not understand what happened to me. Nothing "happened" to me. I just woke up. I'm much smarter than I gave myself credit for.

~Cindy Bowing[/font]

I'm glad you found us, welcome to the forum. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
02-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome, here is your welcome seal.

[Image: baby-harp-seal_78.jpg]

Also you said the word duck, so you get this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 5 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
02-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Welcome!! We're glad you found us too!! Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
02-05-2014, 08:46 PM
Good to have you here Cindy.
Take a look around - lots of different discussions going on. This is an international forum so, we're a pretty diverse bunch. I know you'll find something of interest and hope you will feel comfortable enough to jump right in.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Intro-duck-shun
Wow, very fast welcome replies! Thank you.

Loved the fuzzy seal and the duck for extra credit. Nice!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
02-05-2014, 08:51 PM
I try not to shun ducks. TTA is good for some fun and shucks tho, and for some puns and ... well, you know. Angel
A fellow heathen bids you welcome.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-05-2014, 08:56 PM
(02-05-2014 08:49 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Wow, very fast welcome replies! Thank you.

Loved the fuzzy seal and the duck for extra credit. Nice!

You and I are going to get along fine.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-05-2014, 08:58 PM
(02-05-2014 08:24 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Well hello there!

~Cindy Bowing

That's almost exactly how it happened with me, but as far as atheism is concerned there's no doubt I'm full blown Tongue and I have no doubt that you'll eventually make it to the same place Shy but even if ya don't iz all good Angel
You recognized it as baptist brainwashing so we cool Thumbsup

You'll friggin love it here Hug

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
02-05-2014, 09:14 PM
Hey thanks Gulegon!

When I first glanced at your name, I thought it was glue gun Rolleyes That's probably stuck in my head forever!

All religion, in my opinion, is brainwashing at it's finest. I'm so happy to be rid of it. I probably am leaning towards atheism, and that's fine with me.

[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post