Intro-duck-shun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: Intro-duck-shun
Welcome to TTA, Cindy.

It might help you in your quest to understand that atheism is not a belief system, merely the lack of belief in any deities.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-05-2014, 08:39 AM
(02-05-2014 08:24 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Well hello there!

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

With about 40 years of religion, working against me, I somehow figured out, on my own, that there really is no god, and that the bible is like Swiss cheese - full of holes.

I've spent the past 3 or 4 years detoxing from the baptist brainwashing. Having said that, my next dilemma was, where do I go from here??!! I still do not know. I'm also unsure of what I am now. I identify with atheists the most, but not sure that I even want a title to define my belief system either. Does that make sense?

But, for detoxing sake, I think you wicked, evil atheists Laughat, could be my best allies. With nearly everyone I know basically believing in the biblical god, in one form or another, I am pretty much alone now. The ones I've told do not understand what happened to me. Nothing "happened" to me. I just woke up. I'm much smarter than I gave myself credit for.

Thanks for allowing me to join!

~Cindy Bowing

Welcome to the Snake Pit, Cindy. Of course you don't have to label yourself anything; after all, all we are really talking anout here is that we don't believe in fairy tales. It's not our fault that so many people do. Most of them don't believe in Santa Claus or unicorns or the Tooth Fairy, but that doesn't change their lives or require a label, either.

Where do you go from here? Wherever you want to!

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Welcome to our little asylum...forum, I mean forum. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
03-05-2014, 01:35 PM
(03-05-2014 09:02 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome to our little asylum...forum, I mean forum. Smile

Just don't piss off the Big Nurse.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
03-05-2014, 03:04 PM
(03-05-2014 06:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome to TTA, Cindy.

It might help you in your quest to understand that atheism is not a belief system, merely the lack of belief in any deities.

Oh! That simple explanation does help, and gives me a different perspective, with regards to atheism. It's the lack of belief in any deities, rather than a belief system. Well then, that would be me. How about that!

Thank you Chas.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
03-05-2014, 03:09 PM
(03-05-2014 08:39 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 08:24 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Well hello there!

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

With about 40 years of religion, working against me, I somehow figured out, on my own, that there really is no god, and that the bible is like Swiss cheese - full of holes.

I've spent the past 3 or 4 years detoxing from the baptist brainwashing. Having said that, my next dilemma was, where do I go from here??!! I still do not know. I'm also unsure of what I am now. I identify with atheists the most, but not sure that I even want a title to define my belief system either. Does that make sense?

But, for detoxing sake, I think you wicked, evil atheists Laughat, could be my best allies. With nearly everyone I know basically believing in the biblical god, in one form or another, I am pretty much alone now. The ones I've told do not understand what happened to me. Nothing "happened" to me. I just woke up. I'm much smarter than I gave myself credit for.

Thanks for allowing me to join!

~Cindy Bowing

Welcome to the Snake Pit, Cindy. Of course you don't have to label yourself anything; after all, all we are really talking anout here is that we don't believe in fairy tales. It's not our fault that so many people do. Most of them don't believe in Santa Claus or unicorns or the Tooth Fairy, but that doesn't change their lives or require a label, either.

Where do you go from here? Wherever you want to!

Thank you Taq. It is so nice to be able to talk with such open-minded people now.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
03-05-2014, 03:10 PM
(03-05-2014 09:02 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Welcome to our little asylum...forum, I mean forum. Smile

Asylum - I like that better!

03-05-2014, 03:11 PM
(03-05-2014 01:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Just don't piss off the Big Nurse.

Nurse Ratchett? Shocking

[+] 1 user Likes CindysRain's post
03-05-2014, 03:23 PM
(03-05-2014 03:11 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 01:35 PM)morondog Wrote:  Just don't piss off the Big Nurse.

Nurse Ratchett? Shocking

She calls herself Kingschosen here, and pretends to be a man... it's kinda disturbing.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Its good to have you here Cindy. Look around, this place is a refuge from the insanity.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce