Intro-duck-shun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: Intro-duck-shun
Quote:This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!

Cindy, I'm sorry. I did break the forum rules with my comment. However, I didn't deliberately try to cause controversy. My aim was humour and I fully acknowledge that it was at your expense. That's why I thought it necessary to defuse the edge with an emoticon. I kinda forget that we've got people of all sorts of ages and backgrounds. While the joke may have gone down easier with people my age, that may not hold true with an older demographic.

Peace.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BlackMason's post
08-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Well said that man. Cindy I know you had a bad intro to him but he's a genuinely good guy Smile Everyone cocks up once in a while...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-05-2014, 03:05 PM
(08-05-2014 02:45 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  Cindy, I'm sorry. My aim was humour ... and I fully acknowledge that it was at your expense. That's why I thought it necessary to defuse the edge with an emoticon.

It happens. Sometimes we misjudge our audience and what we thought was edgy humor ends up just being edgy, or worse, insulting or demeaning. That is the risk we take when we take risks with humor.

An honest ownership of the mistake and sincere apology for the unintended offense is a sign of character. Thumbsup

Jesus is my Stalker: He has graced me with his unconditional love, but if I reject it and refuse to love him in return, he will make my life Hell.
[+] 1 user Likes djhall's post
08-05-2014, 03:19 PM
(08-05-2014 02:45 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  
Quote:This is a place for introductions and casual conversation. Trolling, flaming, insulting, condemning, proselytizing, trying to convert a person's beliefs (whether theist or atheist), or deliberately trying to start controversy in a person's introduction thread is prohibited. There are plenty of other places to do that on the forum. This is the warm and fuzzy part of the forum that is filled with rainbows and unicorns. We welcome people here. We don't try to run them off because you disagree and/or you're in a bad mood, slay your dragons elsewhere. So, smile and eat some cake! Welcome to TTA!

Cindy, I'm sorry. I did break the forum rules with my comment. However, I didn't deliberately try to cause controversy. My aim was humour and I fully acknowledge that it was at your expense. That's why I thought it necessary to defuse the edge with an emoticon. I kinda forget that we've got people of all sorts of ages and backgrounds. While the joke may have gone down easier with people my age, that may not hold true with an older demographic.

Peace.

Other, than the "older demographic" Laughat, I accept your apology. I can count on one finger Laugh out load, the men who have ever apologized to me. I really do appreciate it. I am happy to end this thread on a better note.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post