Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
04-01-2012, 04:17 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
My name is Magd, I'm 32 y/o, I'm from Yemen, used to be a muslim, but i'm not anymore for the last 15 years i think Undecided

It's really a good thing that I see here people say that they're open about this, which is impossible where I come from, as islam rules here, if anyone converts from islam to any other belief gets executed (not joking, it's one of the main islam rules), therefore, only a couple of my close friends know about me being an atheist.

People here are forced to believe in islam, you're not allowed to think or ask questions... I think you guys can imagine the rest...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like magdfarid's post
04-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Hello Magd,
It's great to know you have made it here and can be free to share whatever thoughts you can. Anywhere but here, make sure you keep your non-theist ideas quiet; please, please be safe.
I don't know too much, but there are many people here, and together we all know a lot -and we're glad to have your contributions.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
(04-01-2012 12:03 PM)deadhari5 Wrote:  Hi, my name is Haris.
I've joined because this forum seems interesting. Not because I'm an anti-theist, and want to bash on some religion - that shit's gotten boring. I'm here because I want to join a nice laidback web community and having a better understanding on the issues and events concerning *you know what*.
Films, music, events, politics and, if possible, a discussion with random theists.

Looking forward to this!

Welcome, Haris, but you've come to the wrong place - it's a madhouse here.Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-01-2012, 05:33 PM
(04-01-2012 12:03 PM)deadhari5 Wrote:  Hi, my name is Haris.
I've joined because this forum seems interesting. Not because I'm an anti-theist, and want to bash on some religion - that shit's gotten boring. I'm here because I want to join a nice laidback web community and having a better understanding on the issues and events concerning *you know what*.
Films, music, events, politics and, if possible, a discussion with random theists.

Looking forward to this!

What? Huh
Sorry, I claim current, resident retard... gotta have it spelt fer me t'day; "issues and events concerning..." what ... religion? ... non-theism? ... the giant vegi-burrito I had for lunch?
So... are you an anti-theist? I'm kind of into Ignostic apatheism at the moment... meaning; if there is a god, it's irrelevant and I don't give a shit.
Yep, you will probably run into a few theists here and there ... some totally ok. Others... I think Ego r is still running around with his idiot ax... and the simpleton AbdelZ; sad people... might be best not to feed them. Undecided

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
04-01-2012, 05:43 PM
(04-01-2012 04:17 PM)magdfarid Wrote:  My name is Magd, I'm 32 y/o, I'm from Yemen, used to be a muslim, but i'm not anymore for the last 15 years i think Undecided

It's really a good thing that I see here people say that they're open about this, which is impossible where I come from, as islam rules here, if anyone converts from islam to any other belief gets executed (not joking, it's one of the main islam rules), therefore, only a couple of my close friends know about me being an atheist.

People here are forced to believe in islam, you're not allowed to think or ask questions... I think you guys can imagine the rest...

Hey Magd,
Welcome!
We're glad to have you as part of our community. You may even find you're not the only ex-muslim around these parts. Smile

We look forward to your contributions!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
04-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Don't worry KingChosen. I've understood your a Theist and although I am an Atheist, I do see some good in religion and can help you argue some points if you need any help. I am a humanist and I do support things that benefit mankind.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Hello, I'm Trapped Pentecostal!

Yes, I'm the same Trapped Pentecostal who wrote the letter that Seth shared on his show "Help! I'm A Closet Atheist" that aired tonight.

I fell away from the Christian faith a couple of years ago, and now I'm wondering how I'll ever be able to tell my wife and her family (all of whom are devout Christians) that I don't believe in God anymore.

About me: I've worked most of my career as a graphic designer, I now currently manage a small art department, and I've always had a keen interest in science (especially astronomy).
[+] 2 users Like Trapped Pentecostal's post
04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey Trapped Pentecostal, welcome to the forum.

There are a few members who are, and have been in a similar situation to yourself.
Hopefully you will find what you are looking for.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
04-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Hello, my name is Douglas. I'm an 18 year old kid from Pennsylvania, whose been an atheist for the past three years (roughly, my relationship with religion was. . . complicated prior to that). I am blessed, in a way, that I can be very open about my atheism in public without too much stress stemming from it. I haven't suffered any discrimination, that I know about, and no-one has been overly insulting, to my face. All the same, I think that it would be nice to have intellegent conversations with a few like-minded individuals, not just my usual humorous fundamentalist bashing that I get up to with my my friends (a deist and a moderate)--and there are oh so many fundamentalists around me, I never realised just how deep the ignorance is rooted until I started asking questions about it. I'd always taken my acceptance of science for granted, so I thought it was downright hilarious when I first heard about young earth creationism. . . and then I was flabbergasted when I learned that many of my friends believed in it. Imagine that awkward moment when you make a joke about people believing that humans and dinosaurs coexisted, only to have the response be: "But they did."

Well, I suppose that that is the end of it, for the time being. I'm glad to be here and I hope to participate extensively in this community for the years to come.
[+] 1 user Likes Douglas's post
04-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Hey Douglas welcome to the forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
Thread Closed