Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
07-01-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Im a 15 year old secondary school student from england who has stopped believing scince I was about 12.
Find all posts by this user
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Welcome to the forum everyone

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Greetings heathens,

I just wanted to post my "Hello I'm here!" considering it will be my first post.

25 years of age, finished studies might go back at a later date working as a supervisior in a resturant. I'd like to post my great turning story elsewhere as I feel this is mainly an introduction more than an open book exercise.

May we have great atheist adventures together in the name of freedom from religion and all that

- N
[+] 1 user Likes Nealos101's post
07-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Welcome nealos, it's always good to have more heathens join the ranks of us godless barbarians Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
07-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Australian, late 20s, have been quietly watching/reading atheist materials online for... quite a while now, I forget exactly, and more recently some of the essential in-print literature. I'd take a bit longer to get my thoughts in order and post a more comprehensive introduction, but here we go with the mandatory to-be-approved first post. Look forward to my time here.

"Well, the Bible does say God helps those who help themselves."
"Nah, it doesn’t, actually – that’s from one of Aesop’s fables. The Bible says quite the opposite, in fact – many passages of being patient and faithful, and waiting for the Lord to decide if he wishes to assist."
08-01-2012, 12:36 AM
American. Mid 20s. Grew up in a Christian home, school, and college, and over the past few years I've been moved from conservative Christianity, to a more liberal version, to questioning/unsure, and now to agnostic atheist. It feels liberating and binding at the same time, because in my current situation I am for the most part a "closet atheist". My workplace is Christian-based, my family is made up of Christians, and nearly all of my friends and contacts, at least locally are all Christians as well.

I could lose my job because of my leaving the faith, and have no legal recourse because it's a religious institution. It pays well and has good benefits and I have no way out or to another option at this time. The family part I could somewhat deal with, but I can go into detail in further posts in the future about those (specifically my grandmother), if I feel like doing so.

Rationally, I'm done with religion. Psychologically, I'm slowly cutting the ties and roots it has dug into my brain (unfortunately). This deals with the fear of hell, and other similar fears or actions (thanking God for things, praying in tough situations).

So there you have it.

"Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn't exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely." — Sam Harris

"There is no goddamn god, goddamn it."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm a 27 yr old African American atheist who grew up in a family of christians. Father was a pastor. but these kid of young asked more questions than a normal child who believes their parents without question. I carve my own life and negatively react towards anyone leaning on mine . I 'm a openly atheist to the world but avoid conflict to avoid becoming an attaction of attention in a segrated world of cultures, theisms and other stereotypical dividers.

I've never believed in god despite my forcefully presence f witness the asinizing hours of many ppl preaching the same phrases of a over dramatized book to fit the meanings or faiths to fit their justification of spreading their faith on deaf ears not willing to hear. I personally think as long as religious acts remains a strong force that could hypnotize the mind of any new infant that breathes air on this world to witness the poison of a religious faith to be set as a criminal act of indocrination on a young mind as involuntary brain washing. but thats just me. nice to meet yall.
[+] 1 user Likes Anti1ndocrination's post
08-01-2012, 03:10 AM
English atheist and skeptic (currently living in Australia).

Having watched from the sidelines for many a year, I am eager to get inside the ring and make a difference.

"Truth, in the matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived."
- Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes go1godfurther's post
08-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Welcome all Smile
08-01-2012, 08:48 AM
It's great to see a lot of new members - welcome all!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
Thread Closed