Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-01-2012 02:02 PM)LordiDraken Wrote:  Hello everyone! I'm a 17 y.o. senior high school student from Finland, and I finally decided to join this site. I've watched many videos from YouTube, and they have given my lots of good information and thoughts concerning atheism, and the way I see life.
(..................)
Then I noticed, that atheism actually gives more peace to my life than the Christianity ever did. I see the world with new eyes now, and I'm so happy about it. No longer I must think everything as sinful and unpure, but I can finally enjoy life.
Well, from Finland.
Try to contact the man after this site.
The site is in Dutch, but the writer lives in Finland.

Note: To send this message, no trees cut down,
although there are many electrons severely hindered.
All the bits are reused.

Future World

73 Jim .--. . .---- .-. . .- PE1REA
Email, put amsat dot org behind the call
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
This is the first forum i've joined so i have no idea what the proper etiquette is, but i'll do my best. My name's Josh, im a 19 year old college student from New York State. I am currently studying Philosophy. I have been an atheist for about 5 years, but it has really taken off within the past year. There wasn't any huge horror story for me coming out in my atheism, but rather I'm just am ready to met new people who share this (lack of) belief.
10-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Hello all,

I am registering mostly to read the forum. I have been enjoying the podcasts over the past year or so and would like to see what is happening in the discussion area.

My religious evolution over the past 40+ years is Methodist -> Jesus Freak/Charismatic/Fundamentalist -> Emerging Agnostic -> Indifferent, Fatigued Agnostic -> Nontheist / Atheist

While I've been happy to remained indifferent to religion for much of that time, the political interference from religious fundamentalists during the past decade or so has made that stance less acceptable. I've been catching up on books and videos from the 4 Horsemen as well as podcasts from The Thinking Atheist, FFRF, Point of Inquiry, Reasonable Doubts, and others.

The information provided has been an intellectual salve as I watch the American culture drift more toward the Dark Ages than the enlightenment. Hopefully, I'll have something useful to contribute at some point.
10-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey welcome to all our new members.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-01-2012, 05:37 PM
It's great seeing you newbies. So many familiar stories...I think you'll find there are others like you from those who were never religious to those who are currently in therapy for their religiosity. Welcome and don't be afraid to jump right into the discussions!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-01-2012, 06:09 PM
(10-01-2012 04:44 PM)closet.athiest Wrote:  Hello all,

I am registering mostly to read the forum. I have been enjoying the podcasts over the past year or so and would like to see what is happening in the discussion area.

My religious evolution over the past 40+ years is Methodist -> Jesus Freak/Charismatic/Fundamentalist -> Emerging Agnostic -> Indifferent, Fatigued Agnostic -> Nontheist / Atheist

While I've been happy to remained indifferent to religion for much of that time, the political interference from religious fundamentalists during the past decade or so has made that stance less acceptable. I've been catching up on books and videos from the 4 Horsemen as well as podcasts from The Thinking Atheist, FFRF, Point of Inquiry, Reasonable Doubts, and others.

The information provided has been an intellectual salve as I watch the American culture drift more toward the Dark Ages than the enlightenment. Hopefully, I'll have something useful to contribute at some point.

Welcome aboard!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Hi Everyone!

I've been an Atheist for the last few years, and love listening and watching the Thinking Atheist.

Jean
Cape Town
South Africa
[+] 1 user Likes SouthAfricanAtheist's post
11-01-2012, 07:11 AM
(11-01-2012 06:38 AM)SouthAfricanAtheist Wrote:  Hi Everyone!

I've been an Atheist for the last few years, and love listening and watching the Thinking Atheist.

Jean
Cape Town
South Africa

Yay! More SA peeps. Welcome Smile

Morondog
Joburg
SA
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-01-2012, 07:39 AM
(02-01-2012 03:29 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  Hello, I refer to myself as Shiruba Dangan or Shiruba for short. I plan on changing my name to not be associated with my family. I'm a writer and a humanist. Also a former Roman Catholic. I was never taken to church often but had to go to Sunday school. I never believed when I was a small child. I thought this was another Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy myth. When I realized people thought it was real it just astonished me. I thought the world was going crazy. I was an atheist before I even knew the word. I suffered some traumatic experiences when I was young that only cemented the fact thar I didn't believe.

I enjoy TheThinkingAtheist podcasts and plan to do my own. I enjoy history especially Greek and Christian mythology. I'm completely joking about the last part but I do enjoy history and try to incorporate that into any writing I'm currently working on. I'm glad to be a part of this community and hopefully one day, the whole world will finally think for themselves.

...and I was looking for you to be KC. I guess I'm gonna hafta think, not. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Sitting here contemplating whether I should welcome all of the new members, or warn them of Erxomai's lack of social skills ().
I decided to welcome everyone, whether you act like a selfish bastard, or you're the kindest mother-fucker here.
So yeah.
Welcome.
[+] 1 user Likes insidemyownmind's post
Thread Closed