Introduce Yourself HERE!

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
13-11-2010, 04:31 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello everyone. Name's Jeff. Was a religious skeptic for 5 years and for the past 8 have been an Atheist. Looking forward to learning more and reading what everyone has to say.
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Hey Jeff. Welcome to TTAF!

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2010, 05:23 AM

Hello my name is Ziggy (not my real name), I am 27 and while I have non-religious and a skeptic since I was a teenager. I have only recently become an convinced atheist (maybe the last few years).
14-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi - I'm a 51yr old Christian, raised by an atheist mother and a distantly respective of Christianity (though not Christian) father. I had no real understanding of Christianity and became a strong atheist as a teenager. In my mid 20's circumstances put me in a place where I could learn what it was, and converted. About 7 years later, after marrying a Christian, I de-converted and became strong atheist again. Strong and angry this time. 3 years ago I became convinced to become a Christian again.
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2010, 03:43 PM
(14-11-2010 08:55 AM)fr0d0 Wrote:  Hi - I'm a 51yr old Christian, raised by an atheist mother and a distantly respective of Christianity (though not Christian) father. I had no real understanding of Christianity and became a strong atheist as a teenager. In my mid 20's circumstances put me in a place where I could learn what it was, and converted. About 7 years later, after marrying a Christian, I de-converted and became strong atheist again. Strong and angry this time. 3 years ago I became convinced to become a Christian again.

If you are going back and forth like that, I think you need to take a look inside yourself and start understanding your own drives and motivations. This is something best done without biased outside guidance. Beware of those who claim to know what you need to do.
14-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Hiya everyone
My name is Douggie, I've introduced myself here before but as I've been gone for a while, I thought I'd stop by real quick and reintroduce myself.
I've been an atheist for most of my adolescence (17 in January).
I'm currently in the Canadian forces 37th service battalion.
and I'm the local theologians hate magnet Wink

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
14-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I AM CANADIAN, too. Spent a couple of years in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. I am presently a Winnipegger. I have met a number of the PPCLI.
14-11-2010, 04:05 PM
(14-11-2010 04:01 PM)No J. Wrote:  I AM CANADIAN, too. Spent a couple of years in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. I am presently a Winnipegger. I have met a number of the PPCLI.

Oh Canada! ;D
I'm from New Brunswick.
I just joined the reserves this year. Pretty sweet to be honest, gotsome good friends and making money and memories.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
14-11-2010, 04:50 PM

I am a 45 year old man, raised in a christian household. I learned at a relatively early age that there were big problems with Christianity and the institution that fosters its pervasiveness, the church. I always questioned everything. My father (who claimed to be devout and god fearing) became so frustrated answering questions from his child that on one or more particular incidents, he claimed that 'angels' were doing certain things -- once used as the explanation for cruise control on the family car. 0.o

I stumbled upon this site through a video on YouTube. Great stuff! I look forward to engaging in conversation when I have something to input and reading the input of others.
I live in far northern Maine, although I was born in the deep south. I am often on the computer, especially in winter. With winter coming, expect me to be here quite a bit.
Keep those posts coming! I like an active forum.
14-11-2010, 05:01 PM
You can be sure that angels are not responsible for cruise control. I am sure glad that my dad never ever answered any questions like that.