Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I studied for 20 years!! The bible has taught me to be the best fighting atheist I can be. 11 years USMC I learned how to take no SH*T from no one.
I was a very good a apologetic acrobat as a christian... Now I turn my "sights" on the truth!! The only enemy is lies. I enjoy learning new ways to deprogram people and help them out of the brainwashed state they are in. Some there is hope, on the others that seem hopeless... thats where I am challenged to do my sworn duty... Fight for truth and help the weak.

I am still learning new ways to gently and kindly pull them out of the tyrany they are in. I will fight until my last breath! I will...
I am forty years old, I am a recovering Fundie Christian and have been sober for 1 year!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Divergent's post
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(12-01-2012 01:02 PM)Divergent Wrote:  I am forty years old, I am a recovering Fundie Christian and have been sober for 1 year!

If I'm remembering correctly, the correct repsonse is a collective "Hi, Divergent."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
(12-01-2012 10:32 AM)Valdyr Wrote:  Hello!
Personal stuff wise I'm 17 years old and am from New York. I'm also openly gay, a brony, a conservationist and a photographer. Looking forward to my time here!

Hi Valdyr - Sounds as if you are a busy young man! Pretty sure you will help keep us all on our toes around here. We can get goofy at times, but it's all good. Shy

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone! I a follow atheist from Canada. I have been following the podcast for a while now and thought signing up would be a good way to discuss some issues in a neutral setting. See you all around!
13-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi everyone. I'm a 41-yr-old, slowly crawling out-of-the-closet atheist. I was raised Catholic, even going to Catholic school up until the 8th grade. Got married in the church & even had my children baptized and had them receive their 1st communion.

I guess doubts started slowly coming in over the past decade. It has just taken me a long time to finally find and accept the truth, being surrounded by so many believers. I didn't know that it was an option NOT to believe. In our little pocket of southern NJ, the word Atheist is equal to witchcraft and devil worship. The Christian message is pushed just about everywhere you go. From people singing gospel tunes out loud while shopping, to strangers randomly offering god's love, to my kids' school teachers asking for a show of hands for how many Christians are in the class (yes this really did happen).

I would just like to say that I absolutely love The Thinking Atheist Podcast. It is helping me to be the REAL me and to not hide so much. At this point, only a handful of friends and family know that I am a non-believer, but I become braver every day with the support of groups like this one and the facebook page.

~CozyGirl712
aka Gina
[+] 1 user Likes CozyGirl712's post
13-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Welcome to the forum Gina

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
13-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Hey, welcome to all the people who joined since the last time I said welcome! Smile

Now, quit your lurking and start sharing your thoughts with us!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
13-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Hello everyone I was listening to the podcast and heard a fellow freethinker talk about the forum to communicate with other freethinkers. I am agnostic and closer to atheist but a believer in the fable of the 3 major religions I cannot for 1 second give any validity to it being true, a bunch of garbage. I hope to share my thoughts to get a lot of frustration off my mind due to the constant bombardment of religious crap put in my face daily.
[+] 1 user Likes gvb63's post
13-01-2012, 07:18 PM
(13-01-2012 06:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey, welcome to all the people who joined since the last time I said welcome! Smile

Yeah, what he said.Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-01-2012, 08:39 PM
(13-01-2012 06:32 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey, welcome to all the people who joined since the last time I said welcome! Smile

My left leg itches a little, but not enough to scratch it.

I'll probably be going to bed soon.

My keyboard needs to be cleaned.

I wonder if my kids will actually sleep through the night. I hope so.

Oh, that's probably not what you meant when you asked me to post my thoughts. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Trapped Pentecostal's post
Thread Closed