Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
16-01-2012, 01:08 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(14-01-2012 01:47 PM)deadhari5 Wrote:  I can't find the option to delete threads and/or delete account so I'm just trying to be banned legally. here it goes: fuck fuck fuck fuck .....

BWAHAHAHAHA .... now that's fucking funny. This ain't Sunday School.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
16-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm new to the forum and would like to say hello.
I've been a non believer for many years. I was raised and forced into Catholic dogma and went to Catholic school until 4th grade. By that time I pleaded with my parents to put me in public school. So in 5th grade I was finally in public school. What a relief!
I was Agnostic during most of my young adulthood and was afraid to admit to others that I didn't believe all the religious nonsense that it seemed most everyone else did. I realized I was an Atheist by the time I was in my mid 20s. Now almost 25 years later I'm still happy that I am able to think freely and (hopefully) clearly. Over the last several years I have read books from Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Hitch and Dan Barker. The Thinkingathiest, aronra, potholer54 and theathiestexperience are a few of my favorite youtube channels.

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins
16-01-2012, 09:53 PM
(16-01-2012 06:23 PM)AntiqueTelephoneNut Wrote:  I'm new to the forum and would like to say hello.
I've been a non believer for many years. I was raised and forced into Catholic dogma and went to Catholic school until 4th grade. By that time I pleaded with my parents to put me in public school. So in 5th grade I was finally in public school. What a relief!
I was Agnostic during most of my young adulthood and was afraid to admit to others that I didn't believe all the religious nonsense that it seemed most everyone else did. I realized I was an Atheist by the time I was in my mid 20s. Now almost 25 years later I'm still happy that I am able to think freely and (hopefully) clearly. Over the last several years I have read books from Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Hitch and Dan Barker. The Thinkingathiest, aronra, potholer54 and theathiestexperience are a few of my favorite youtube channels.

Welcome. It's always good (now) to meet a free thinker!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Hello everyone... I am a spiritual atheist. Been watching Seth's videos for about a year now and thought that I'd finally join to find out what everyone is talking about here =)
17-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Hi, just came over from "atheistforums.com"

The reason for my nick/avatar is in reference to Spongebob "The Camping Episode", which my daughter and I think is terribly funny. Specifically, when they refer to "Fake Science Monthly" and the headline reads "Sea Bears and Fairy Tales are REAL!" I find that humorously applicable to the discussion at hand.

I live in what I refer to as the "Atheist No-Man's Land" of Texas. I am college-educated, and my hot-button issue is the peddling of creationism and religion in public schools. I am also a big fan of logic and the scientific method, and enjoy pointing out logical fallacies on the part of apologists. I am afraid that I do not suffer fools lightly, either.

My skepticism of religious and claims also extends to that of the supernatural. I tend to group religion, the paranormal, and new-ageism into the same basket of quackery.
17-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Been a TTA fan for maybe more than a year now, only joined recently to seek help from fellow atheists - which was very very helpful.

But anyways;
19 turning 20 this year
From Perth, Australia (the land down under)
Chinese/vietnamese
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes squeeker92's post
17-01-2012, 05:44 PM
Hello all, glad to join up here! Intelligence is intoxicating..."

Let each man hope & believe what he can - Darwin
[+] 1 user Likes vexxed's post
17-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Welcome everyone! Smile
18-01-2012, 12:16 AM
(15-01-2012 10:49 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(14-01-2012 01:47 PM)deadhari5 Wrote:  I can't find the option to delete threads and/or delete account so I'm just trying to be banned legally. here it goes: fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Also swearing isn't going to get you fucking banned i swear all the fucking time and im still fucking here.

No shit. I would've told him to shut the fuck up but, fuck him. Fucking swine. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
18-01-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello Everyone.

I am a 28 year old Atheist living in the Bible Pudge ( you know, that little roll hanging over the belt) of Southern Illinois.

I was originally raised as a Catholic, in 5th grade I moved on to Wicca. Eventually becoming more "orthodox," I moved towards BTW, and eventually to the O.T.O. over time It became clear that there was nothing supernatural going on, and had been taught that "it does not matter if any of this crap exists, as long as one believes it does, it will have an effect." from there it was not that far of a stretch to just drop all faith entirely.

I know that it is most likely not the most common path to atheism story, but honestly I have not exactly been anywhere close to what was considered mainstream in the religious aspect of American society for most of my life, and making the eventual move to Atheism did not do much to change the challenges and battles I face.

Sorry for the long into and glad to be here,
Dave.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed