Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-01-2012, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 02:14 PM by drsyco23.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Im a Turk 25 year old medical practitioner and im an atheist.
Im an atheist medical doctor from Turkey. For those who don't know much about Turkey, Turkey is a seemly secular country which you may be killed or imprisoned because of your thoughts or beliefs. There is an obligatory religion lesson given in primary and high schools and brainwash of children. So, im a rare person raised and educated himself as an atheist. I love learning anything i dont know. İ love poetry and i love volleyball.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Find all posts by this user
29-01-2012, 05:26 PM
(29-01-2012 01:42 PM)drsyco23 Wrote:  Im a Turk 25 year old medical practitioner and im an atheist.
Im an atheist medical doctor from Turkey. For those who don't know much about Turkey, Turkey is a seemly secular country which you may be killed or imprisoned because of your thoughts or beliefs. There is an obligatory religion lesson given in primary and high schools and brainwash of children. So, im a rare person raised and educated himself as an atheist. I love learning anything i dont know. İ love poetry and i love volleyball.

Welcome to the forum, Doc. We look forward to your contributions!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-01-2012, 07:46 AM
Hello to all here, and thanks for having me. I'll try to not mess up the place.

I'm a retired guy from England with too much time on my hands, but the devil hasn't tempted me yet.
I DO go to church though, but church to me means the local boozer (that's a bar to you guys 'over the pond')
I subscribe to quite a few of the atheist oriented channels on YouTube, and that's how I've arrived here.

I'm interested in science, technology, astronomy and nature; keen (but untalented) photographer, and keen (very talented) real-ale drinker.
I'm also a naturist and enjoy camping when the weather permits.

Now I'm going to peruse some of the threads here, so please excuse the quick disappearing act.
[+] 1 user Likes Unblinkered's post
31-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Welcome ub! A real-ale drinker...? From England...? Whoever heard of such...? So what's your tipple of choice? I'd like to try some Hooky if I ever make it over there someday. I hear it's good stuff
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Hello. I am Dragon-Wolf and I consider myself a non-believer.
Due to economic circumstances I am currently living with my father and his new wife.
It has become an interesting challenge since my father, who has endeavored to steer clear of religion (after having it forced on him as a child), now has become a confirmed Lutheran to please his wife.

He now has taken to criticizing me and calling my choice of "secular" reading materials as garbage and refers to all other religions as garbage as well.
He must be so proud to be part of the only "right" way of believing. (sighs)

Anyways I am pleased to be here and look forward to having many interesting conversations with you all.
[+] 3 users Like Dragon-Wolf's post
31-01-2012, 01:54 PM
(31-01-2012 11:00 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Welcome ub! A real-ale drinker...? From England...? Whoever heard of such...? So what's your tipple of choice? I'd like to try some Hooky if I ever make it over there someday. I hear it's good stuff

Thanks, GK for the welcome.
I don't really have any single beer that I like best, the pubs I drink in always have a varied and changing range of beers so I like to try them all.
I do prefer the slightly darker beers of about 4.2 to 5 % abv.
Hooky, from the Hook Norton brewery is a very acceptable beer, and I will be drinking that this Summer at the Fairport Convention Festival.
If you're a fan of FP and similar bands you could maybe time your visit to attend the (annual) Festival, where you'll be able to sample many different beers. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Unblinkered's post
31-01-2012, 02:06 PM
(31-01-2012 01:23 PM)Dragon-Wolf Wrote:  Hello. I am Dragon-Wolf and I consider myself a non-believer.
Due to economic circumstances I am currently living with my father and his new wife.
It has become an interesting challenge since my father, who has endeavored to steer clear of religion (after having it forced on him as a child), now has become a confirmed Lutheran to please his wife.

He now has taken to criticizing me and calling my choice of "secular" reading materials as garbage and refers to all other religions as garbage as well.
He must be so proud to be part of the only "right" way of believing. (sighs)

Anyways I am pleased to be here and look forward to having many interesting conversations with you all.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you get back on your feet eventually. Good Luck.

PS: Dragons and Wolves are both awesome. A combination of both might just be enough to blow my mind.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
31-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks..I am gonna need it. Smile

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is Alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
31-01-2012, 06:03 PM
(30-01-2012 07:46 AM)Unblinkered Wrote:  I DO go to church though, but church to me means the local boozer (that's a bar to you guys 'over the pond')

Alright, ddrew and FSM_scot, move over, looks like we gotta make room for another stool at the altar. Welcome Unblinkered, first round's on us.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
31-01-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm 39 and holding in Illinois. Raised Catholic, but I was never devout. I was skeptical but I thought the problem was me. When I finally started peeling back the layers of the onion, I discovered nothing was there. Sadly, this took until my early 30s.

Looking forward to participating in this forum. Found The Thinking Atheist via iTunes and have listened through every available podcast. Excellent stuff.

I'm reading the bible. It sucks! Blogging my thoughts at ReadingTheGoodBook.blogspot.com
[+] 3 users Like Jobean3's post
Thread Closed