Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
02-02-2012, 02:45 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 02:58 PM by queenschosen.)
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!

Yes, I'm also a Christian.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like queenschosen's post
02-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Hi Jeremy, nice to meet you *shakes hands*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
02-02-2012, 04:19 PM
(02-02-2012 04:16 PM)Leela Wrote:  Hi Jeremy, nice to meet you *shakes hands*

Lol oh, good point...my name is Jess. I need to add that I guess.

Yes, I'm also a Christian.
02-02-2012, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 06:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-02-2012 07:20 PM)queenschosen Wrote:  Hey, kingschosen's wife here. Be nice, please Smile

Yes'm.

(02-02-2012 02:45 PM)queenschosen Wrote:  Ha, he's many things ...

For the love of God, stop right there. It's not clear our fragile psyches could survive intact with any more knowledge about KC (well, maybe HoC's could, but that don't really count).

(02-02-2012 08:33 AM)iluvatar77 Wrote:  i'm 34, md and psychiatrist, ...

You do realize that by admitting this you are now required to hang your shingle out in front of the Health and Psychology forum, right?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I everyone! My name is Justin, im a 26 year old from Michigan.

I grew up as a Lutheran for most of my life, going to a Lutheran school from 1st all the way to 8th grade. The school was great but I can't really say my family was all that religious, we went to church most Sunday's but that's because my school frowned upon not going I guess.

It wasn't until the last few years where I really started to think about it and question the bible. It was then when I searched the web trying to learn about Atheists or skeptics anyway. Youtube helped a lot because it helped me see how crazy some Theists are when it comes to defending their religion. It's as if the word of God is the only way and you BETTER accept it or else! But why? Why can't we ponder something like this, this is something most people base their whole life on without really knowing the truth - The Bible can not be taken as absolute truth! In reality the only truth is there is no truth, yet Christians and many alike seem to think it is.

I don't understand why Christians get mad at Atheists for questioning their faith. If they are right and we are so wrong then we are going to hell anyway so whats it matter? I think its because they themselves find it to be crazy but they are so afraid of what could happen if they don't believe. Like Seth said in the video that brought me here, how we are conditioned as children to believe it. I've heard people say how they would rather believe in God and be wrong than to not believe and be wrong... What kind of crap is that?

Well anyway im rambling. Glad to be here. Big Grin
03-02-2012, 06:44 AM
(02-02-2012 10:39 PM)Kinger Wrote:  I everyone! My name is Justin, im a 26 year old from Michigan.

I grew up as a Lutheran for most of my life, going to a Lutheran school from 1st all the way to 8th grade. The school was great but I can't really say my family was all that religious, we went to church most Sunday's but that's because my school frowned upon not going I guess.

It wasn't until the last few years where I really started to think about it and question the bible. It was then when I searched the web trying to learn about Atheists or skeptics anyway. Youtube helped a lot because it helped me see how crazy some Theists are when it comes to defending their religion. It's as if the word of God is the only way and you BETTER accept it or else! But why? Why can't we ponder something like this, this is something most people base their whole life on without really knowing the truth - The Bible can not be taken as absolute truth! In reality the only truth is there is no truth, yet Christians and many alike seem to think it is.

I don't understand why Christians get mad at Atheists for questioning their faith. If they are right and we are so wrong then we are going to hell anyway so whats it matter? I think its because they themselves find it to be crazy but they are so afraid of what could happen if they don't believe. Like Seth said in the video that brought me here, how we are conditioned as children to believe it. I've heard people say how they would rather believe in God and be wrong than to not believe and be wrong... What kind of crap is that?

Well anyway im rambling. Glad to be here. Big Grin

Correction... Im 25 not 26. Mistype and it would not allow me to correct the post Smile
03-02-2012, 04:51 PM
@queenchose: Hi Jess *shakes hands too*

@Kinger: welcome to the forum, *offering 26 ... no 25 cookies Tongue * Have fun reading here, lot's to see Smile

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
03-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm a guy from a rural town in Michigan, I am trying to spread the knowledge of Atheism via Facebook. I have bounced back and forth from Christianity to Atheism. But I am an adult now and I believe I should mature from the childish beliefs of religion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like cheezeball420's post
04-02-2012, 03:46 PM
(03-02-2012 09:08 PM)cheezeball420 Wrote:  I'm a guy from a rural town in Michigan, I am trying to spread the knowledge of Atheism via Facebook. I have bounced back and forth from Christianity to Atheism. But I am an adult now and I believe I should mature from the childish beliefs of religion.

Welcome! I am also from Michigan, The suburbs to be more specific Smile
04-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Kinger and Cheeseball!
Cool you are here - glad you made it. It's always good to see folks from the land that spawned Wayne Kramer and the mighty MC5! Heart

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
Thread Closed