Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
08-02-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
My name is Jordan Poteat, and I am a 19 year old male.

I come from a small town in Georgia, known as Cartersville. As you could imagine, living in a bible-state isn't easy as an Atheist, due to the constant judgment and disapproval, but I'm coping with it, though it does mean less friendships, and less job opportunities.

I spend a lot of my time in either watching documentaries or playing online games.

I have one tattoo, and plan on getting at least two more in the *near* future.

Currently, I have a Skrillex logo on my right forearm, (just the 'ill' for anyone curious), and my next one will be on my left upper-arm, and it will be an astronaut with the word "Aeternum" underneath.

It's nice to be a part of this community.
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi all

Been listening to the podcasts in the car for a few months and thought I would sign up.

I live in the North of Scotland now however I was brought up elsewhere in Scotland. I think the podcasts are great and as well as TTA I listen to the Pod Delusion, Non Prophets, Naked Scientist etc.

I cannot believe the Christian bullshit that is going on in the USA and I listen with utter disbelief at the antics of the American presidential candidates. The issues that American Atheists have to contend with are a real eye opener.

I am an Atheist, I dont hide it, most of the folk I speak to, am friends with, work with are non believers. I only know 3 people who actually believe in god. 1 of them is an Anglican, the second is her husband and the third is a Spaniard therefore brought up a Catholic.

I guess we are lucky that religion seems to be on the way out here however I also feel disappointed that I have no one to chew the religious fat with except my few religious friends.

Bigoowi
[+] 1 user Likes bigoowi's post
08-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Wow - a lot of new folks have shown up - Greetings!
Hope everyone has an enjoyable time here. At times we are pretty tight and other times we can be at opposite ends of the spectrum. We're rarely boring and usually interesting. We are a diverse community.

Smile Welcome to the forum.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Welcome everyone.

Is it just me, or is there a lot of ex-Catholics here?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
(08-02-2012 05:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome everyone.

Is it just me, or is there a lot of ex-Catholics here?

I have no firm evidence, but I suspect that ex-Catholics may be the largest growing atheist sub-group these days.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-02-2012, 05:52 PM
It's the not eating meat on Friday that is the final straw im sure. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Kinger's post
08-02-2012, 06:26 PM
(08-02-2012 05:52 PM)Kinger Wrote:  It's the not eating meat on Friday that is the final straw im sure. Smile

That, and fact that Pope SithLord-PaedoProtector-Nazi-PieceOfShit is beginning to rival Hitler as the biggest disgrace in the history of mankind.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
(08-02-2012 06:26 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-02-2012 05:52 PM)Kinger Wrote:  It's the not eating meat on Friday that is the final straw im sure. Smile

That, and fact that Pope SithLord-PaedoProtector-Nazi-PieceOfShit is beginning to rival Hitler as the biggest disgrace in the history of mankind.

Maybe not the biggest.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey all you recent new peeps...welcome! We look forward to reading your thoughts on the forum. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-02-2012, 05:31 AM
Hey all,

My names Marcus I come from the land down under, Australia.
aged 16 years old

Just a quick quip: At the time of kindy/year 1 so roughly aged 6-7 I was first taught all about Jesus etc and distinctly remember the first thing I did was laugh and then say why on earth would you believe that?

I will say the expression on that biblical teachers face was priceless XD

But nevertheless, this site is amazing and shows that there is a world out there, ready to support free thinking.

Cheers all
Thread Closed