Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(09-02-2012 05:31 AM)MKilby Wrote:  Hey all,

My names Marcus I come from the land down under, Australia.
aged 16 years old

Just a quick quip: At the time of kindy/year 1 so roughly aged 6-7 I was first taught all about Jesus etc and distinctly remember the first thing I did was laugh and then say why on earth would you believe that?

I will say the expression on that biblical teachers face was priceless XD

But nevertheless, this site is amazing and shows that there is a world out there, ready to support free thinking.

Cheers all

In kindergarten I told my teacher that there were three hands on a clock and not two (as she said). She put me in time-out.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 09:44 AM
I would have expelled you. We all know clocks don't have hands.
[Image: digital-clock.jpg]
Show me the hands on this clock.... yeah that's right. |You owe someone an apology.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-02-2012, 09:45 AM
(07-02-2012 09:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:24 AM)Geode Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Oh, and Geode, might I suggest taking a look at Evolutionary Creationism? It might be up your alley.

Is that a section at this forum? What is the drift of what it is all about?

Topic here.

I read through the thread a bit. I guess I am more in the theistic evolution mode.
09-02-2012, 09:49 AM
(09-02-2012 09:45 AM)Geode Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Oh, and Geode, might I suggest taking a look at Evolutionary Creationism? It might be up your alley.

Topic here.

I read through the thread a bit. I guess I am more in the theistic evolution mode.

That's cool.

So, you do read science into the Genesis account?

09-02-2012, 10:16 AM
(09-02-2012 09:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Topic here.

That's cool.

Not completely, I think the Genesis account has some broad brush attempts at describing scientific eventsch as in the approximate order in which life forms came to be, but in general is lacking in much scientific value. But I do not think God is involved in every evolutionary event. I do not think He would want to keep that focussed and continually occupied. For the most part I think it was more like starting a process like the first spark of life than observing it take off and develop.
09-02-2012, 10:19 AM
(09-02-2012 10:16 AM)Geode Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:24 AM)Geode Wrote:  Is that a section at this forum? What is the drift of what it is all about?

Topic here.

That's cool.

Not completely, I think the Genesis account has some broad brush attempts at describing scientific eventsch as in the approximate order in which life forms came to be, but in general is lacking in much scientific value. But I do not think God is involved in every evolutionary event. I do not think He would want to keep that focussed and continually occupied. For the most part I think it was more like starting a process like the first spark of life than observing it take off and develop.

Well, God continued occupation doesn't limit His ability. If He's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, a constant involvement doesn't limit His power or attention in way.

Hmmm... do you believe in Process Theology? Many TEs subscribe to it.

09-02-2012, 02:06 PM
(09-02-2012 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Topic here.

That's cool.

Well, God continued occupation doesn't limit His ability. If He's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, a constant involvement doesn't limit His power or attention in way.

But God is an unneeded hypothesis. Evolution gets along just fine without any gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 07:32 PM
(07-02-2012 09:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Topic here.

That's cool.

In my mind it is just that God has chosen not to be involved in the minute details and has allowed scientific laws to operate in the universe according to what they entail.

No, I am not really a believer in Process Theology.
09-02-2012, 07:51 PM
(09-02-2012 07:32 PM)Geode Wrote:  
(09-02-2012 09:45 AM)Geode Wrote:  I read through the thread a bit. I guess I am more in the theistic evolution mode.

That's cool.

In my mind it is just that God has chosen not to be involved in the minute details and has allowed scientific laws to operate in the universe according to what they entail.

No, I am not really a believer in Process Theology.

So let me get this straight...

God started the big bang or whatever else was at the beginning of the universe, making sure everything was in the right place so that humans would eventually develop on a ball of dirt somewhere. He went to all this trouble then waited 14 billion years for his creation to form all in the name of not violating his scientific laws, just so that in the last 4,000 years or so he could break them all over the place by parting a sea, raising people from the dead, and working other various miracles?
09-02-2012, 09:09 PM
(08-02-2012 05:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Welcome everyone.

Is it just me, or is there a lot of ex-Catholics here?

There do seem to be quite a few of us...I like to think of myself as a recovering Catholic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
Thread Closed