Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
15-11-2010, 10:42 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
This is Sara, 26 years old from Saudi Arabia. I'm a graduate student in Computer Science. I was Muslim by birth and in the age of 20 I found Islam full of toughness and false stories that we are supposed to believe in them without even asking. I tried to find more appropriate religion because mine cannot be true. I had a look to Christianity but I found no much difference. Religions have almost the same base of fake stories that you cannot accept. I believe centuries ago man created "god" under the lack of knowledge and scientific tools because they have no explanation of what's happening around them.
15-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Welcome Sara.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
15-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Stark. If you followed my reasoning for and against empirical evidence you should know that I believe there can be no empirical evidence for the existence of God. On this point I am saying that Ghost agrees, because he has stated as much. And on this point you not only disagree, but you hang on me the accusation of an inability to think for myself.

I'm not guessing - I'm taking pretty poignant statements from yourself.

I agree, given Ghosts performance on here, that you'd be hard pressed to make an accusation of unthinking stick. But by the reason given above, that I consider non empirical evidence, you are prepared to label me unthinking; where for the exact same reasoning you are not prepared to do the same in Ghost's case. Your statement above is then either false, or you have some other reason to label me unthinking... and it isn't just because I'm a Christian, as you've aready said that it isn't. So please explain to me why you're condemning me.

You say you want to know what evidence, empirical or otherwise that I have, BUT that you won't consider that evidence, as I have already said it it primarily scriptural, and you stated above that you're never going to go there. That strikes me as kinda witch trial.
16-11-2010, 01:35 AM
(15-11-2010 10:42 PM)Sara Wrote:  I believe centuries ago man created "god" under the lack of knowledge and scientific tools because they have no explanation of what's happening around them.

Excellent observation. And many religions are based on similar stories because they borrowed and copied ideas from from each other.
16-11-2010, 03:46 AM
(15-11-2010 11:50 PM)fr0d0 Wrote:  Stark. If you followed my reasoning for and against empirical evidence you should know that I believe there can be no empirical evidence for the existence of God. On this point I am saying that Ghost agrees, because he has stated as much. And on this point you not only disagree, but you hang on me the accusation of an inability to think for myself.

I'm not guessing - I'm taking pretty poignant statements from yourself.

I agree, given Ghosts performance on here, that you'd be hard pressed to make an accusation of unthinking stick. But by the reason given above, that I consider non empirical evidence, you are prepared to label me unthinking; where for the exact same reasoning you are not prepared to do the same in Ghost's case. Your statement above is then either false, or you have some other reason to label me unthinking... and it isn't just because I'm a Christian, as you've aready said that it isn't. So please explain to me why you're condemning me.

You say you want to know what evidence, empirical or otherwise that I have, BUT that you won't consider that evidence, as I have already said it it primarily scriptural, and you stated above that you're never going to go there. That strikes me as kinda witch trial.

I am going to take a deep breath here, remain calm, and try to give you an answer. R e a d i t s l o w l y.
I don't care if your evidence for god is empirical or not. Stop dwelling on that. If you don't think there can be any empirical evedence for god that's fine. It's not what I'm asking for. I'm asking you what evidence YOU find that convinces you god exists. If it's non empirical evidence, fine. I'm asking about what you percieve. What you see that convinces you god is real. And if it's something you see in a spiritual sense, fine. It's what I asked for from the start, so you're silly rant about me thinking that you don't think for yourself based solely on the fact that you don't think it's possible to have empirical evidence for god is ridiculous. And even if I did, it's absurd to think that since you and Ghost agree on that one point, that I am also saying he doesn't think for himself. Ghost has shown time and again that he can think circles around you, so stop acting like you and he are in the same league.

You say that your evidence is mostly scriptural. That implies it's not the only evidence you have. I'm not interested in hearing your evidence from the bible since it's circular logic (whether you like it or not) and since our debate is not about that I thought you would be willing to share your evidence that is not based on scripture.

16-11-2010, 12:23 PM
You seemed not to read an understand what I said Stark. On that one point I agree with Ghost. I am in no way comparing anything else about us. That's what 'one thing' means. That you feel the need to continually try to belittle me on a false accusation is illuminating. Carrying on...

No I will not entertain your refusal to accept genuine evidence and give you irrelevant to you personal information. Realise the absurdity of your position and come talk or I'm done with you.

You want to talk about the Christian God but you don't want to refer to the accredited source of information on the subject. Dandy.
16-11-2010, 03:09 PM
(16-11-2010 12:23 PM)fr0d0 Wrote:  accredited source of information.

Laughable. These four words say enough for me.

Let me ask you.......bah, never mind. You're a waste of time.

16-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Thought so. Shame.
17-11-2010, 11:01 AM

Hi :

I'm Monk , I've been atheist since 2007, Not Just an Atheist I'm an Anti-Religion .... before that i was very religious man , that's where the name came from...

ahh...and I'm from Jordan .

i work in a bank with a very religious staff ( can u believe it ???)

lookin' forward to meeting other free thinkers

waitin' to break free out of the chains of my community
17-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Welcome to TTAF, Monk. Glad to have you with us.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Thread Closed