RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome new members

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
17-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Hi gang, I came accross this site by way of the James Randi educational foundation, he was a guest on your recent podcast. I was curious about [frankly any] thinking atheist, so ready or not here I is.

17-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Hi everyone Smile
I've been following TTA for some time now, but never really got to registering to the forum. So here I am now. Hopefully it will be both fun and educational. See you around, I guess. Smile

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Greetings folks.
Though I had seen the "Noah's Ark-God, Giraffes & Genocide" a while back, I only recently came across The Thinking Atheist on Facebook and started listening to the Podcasts (which mentioned this forum so I figured I'd join).

I grew up with a non-practicing Methodist father and a very Catholic mother (who incidentally went from big-time, everything the bible says is true believer to a "believer in something"). It was church EVERY Sunday, every Holy Day, Confession, Stations of the Cross...you name it, we were there. And of course, 8 years of Sunday School (perfect attendance).

And from an early age I remember sitting in Sunday School and sitting in Mass thinking "this all sounds like a load of crap!"

I've always been a non-believer, but as long as we lived under her roof, we had to go and we couldn't question it. It wasn't until I turned 18 (still living at home while attending college) and my father finally said to my mother (regarding church) "If she doesn't want to go, you can't make her." And that was the last time I pretended to be religious. =)
17-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I am a 31 year old woman married with one son who is 2 1/2 years old.

I've been agnostic for several years, but have just recently come out to family members who are all Christian.

I joined this site along with the ex-christian site to talk with others about similar beliefs.

And if you do any of these (forbidden) things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer and burn and scream until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you and he needs money.
-George Carlin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey, welcome to all the recent Newbies! Glad to have you here and we look forward to more of your contributions on the forums. Just remember, if you're the last to leave at night, you need to turn out the lights and lock up.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Military atheist here in Louisiana. Raised southern baptist and started to doubt my faith in my teens and completely lost it after a tour in Iraq.

Recently got interested in the anti-theism movement after being bombarded with lunacy last Christmas.

Looking forward to meeting some cool people here!
20-02-2012, 12:21 AM
(19-02-2012 08:16 PM)maskofskin Wrote:  Hi everyone!

Military atheist here in Louisiana. Raised southern baptist and started to doubt my faith in my teens and completely lost it after a tour in Iraq.

Recently got interested in the anti-theism movement after being bombarded with lunacy last Christmas.

Looking forward to meeting some cool people here!

Welcome, But how can this be? We've been told there are no atheists in foxholes! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-02-2012, 01:30 AM
(20-02-2012 12:21 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Welcome, But how can this be? We've been told there are no atheists in foxholes! Big Grin

It's cos a foxhole is defined as a hole without an atheist in it Wink Just a logic thing Erx...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Hi Everyone, I'm Phyllis. I'm newly retired and still reeling from loss of my place in the family/community when I became an unbeliever. The gentleman who calls himself "a curmudgeon" (below in 2010) voices some of my thoughts perfectly regarding what I call fanaticism. A famous salon-hostess in revolutionary Paris 1790 said, "Just save us from fanatics leading the new republic."
Thread Closed