Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
22-02-2012, 08:30 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I'm Adam, 29 years old and from Sweden.
Married with one kid and another on the way, full time engineering student and my wife studies to become a teacher in history and religion, she's also an atheist, by the way. She say that everything she learns about religion makes her more and more certain that it's all fairy tales.

Atheist since... uh... 2005 and ever since. Open about it, but not 'evangelical', it's not a crime to be ignorant. Yet. :-)

My family are new-age spiritualists/hippies/christian, but 'coming out' wasn't really an issue, being Sweden and all.

Anyway, glad to be here, been thinking about membership for quite a while.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like TheHolyCommonRoach's post
22-02-2012, 08:38 AM
(21-02-2012 07:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-02-2012 07:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I dunno about you but I'm loving this influx of UK members. It could be time to break out the coup again if our numbers keep growing like this Big Grin.

It's not really fair since you blokes have always just been pagans posing as whatever religion you was currently being preached in the hope of getting them to just shut the fuck up about it already.

Hey GirlyMan, luv your post(you got a razor kinda witt) but Igotta ask,didn't you use to play for zz top?Tongue

Give a man a fish ,you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish ,you feed him for a life time,give a man religion,he will die praying for a fish
22-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:Katewithpaint where abouts in the uk are you from?

I'm down in South West England. Smile Where many farmers dwell...
22-02-2012, 02:25 PM
(22-02-2012 11:10 AM)Katewithpaint Wrote:  I'm down in South West England. Smile Where many farmers dwell...

ah right, I'm from up north where the men wear kilts and alcoholics roam free (according to some of our less intelligent members Tongue)

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
22-02-2012, 02:28 PM
(22-02-2012 02:25 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:10 AM)Katewithpaint Wrote:  I'm down in South West England. Smile Where many farmers dwell...

ah right, I'm from up north where the men wear kilts and alcoholics roam free (according to some of our less intelligent members Tongue)

And I'm from less further north where men DON'T wear skirts and where drinking 20 pints of beer and a litre of whiskey is seen as something to do on a night out instead of an average school dinner.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
22-02-2012, 02:30 PM

[Image: 2011-06-07_09-58-53_638.294x293.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
22-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Atheist... uh, gypsy (in that I move about quite a bit) from the States. Currently in Brazil... hmm, .. oh, I live on an island currently also. Don't go to the beach much even though I'm right next to it when I take down the trash. I really should go more.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
22-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello! I'm a former Lutheran from Kansas City. I'm in my late 30's... my very late 30's... fine (sigh) I'm 41. I've been an atheist since 1991. I'm married and I have 2 children.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr.Beer's post
23-02-2012, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 12:59 AM by GirlyMan.)

I'm just basing my opinion on the way you guys walk.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Hey everyone!

My name is Chris and I have been an official atheist for about 11 years. I started debating religion around the age of 7 when I asked my mom who created God. As smart as my mom is, she could not give me an adequate answer. I have always been big into math, science, and history and found the bible simply does not correspond with these.

I live in Oklahoma and for the longest time I have been afraid to come out for fear that I was literally the only atheist in this state. Also, the word has such a negative connotation (thanks religion!). Anyway, now that I have discovered others like me, I am not afraid to be public about it!
[+] 2 users Like chrislyons's post
Thread Closed