Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Bio teacher in the South !! OUCH
Hey Everyone!
I have been lurking on YT, just doing comments for over 4 yrs now. I have listened to every podcast, watched and commented on every vid posted by TTA and crew. As a biology/Anatomy teacher in the southern USA, I have frontline experience with the religiously brainwashed teen mind and how it makes them struggle with my curriculum.
For a few yrs, I was a regular(veteran!)forum poster at RDF Forum but that had the plug pulled. After that, I have only done YT stuff. Hope I can do a bit of 'swimming' here and even help out with some science stuff too. I have never had the nerve to make vids on YT because of fear of losing my job that I love so much. My admin/faculty is seriously Xtian and in my face with it, daily. Nice to have a reasonable outlet like this. I have some stories. Hope to share some.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Saxmanchiro's post
26-02-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: Bio teacher in the South !! OUCH
(26-02-2012 07:15 PM)Saxmanchiro Wrote:  Hey Everyone!
I have been lurking on YT, just doing comments for over 4 yrs now. I have listened to every podcast, watched and commented on every vid posted by TTA and crew. As a biology/Anatomy teacher in the southern USA, I have frontline experience with the religiously brainwashed teen mind and how it makes them struggle with my curriculum.
For a few yrs, I was a regular(veteran!)forum poster at RDF Forum but that had the plug pulled. After that, I have only done YT stuff. Hope I can do a bit of 'swimming' here and even help out with some science stuff too. I have never had the nerve to make vids on YT because of fear of losing my job that I love so much. My admin/faculty is seriously Xtian and in my face with it, daily. Nice to have a reasonable outlet like this. I have some stories. Hope to share some.

Heya, Teach. Glad you could join us. We look forward to your contributions to our little community here.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-02-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thanks. Looking forward to the exchanges.
27-02-2012, 09:40 PM
(26-02-2012 12:12 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  This smacks of the same reasoning theists use to argue that the "fine-tuning" of universal constants is so astronomically improbable that only a creative God explains why they are so. Find some actual statistical data and then you won't be like them. (Only you can't find statistical data to calculate probabilities for those things, since of the four only one of them can be observed to have happened, and it only happened once, which is hardly statistically significant.)

It might "smack" of it, but actually it's precisely the opposite, as I have postualted NOTHING. The fact that I find something improbable makes me "like" no one.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-02-2012, 01:25 AM
Hi, I'm 'Quicut'. A 13 year old girl from Australia.
I'm not sure what 'theism' is, can someone tell me? Is it the same as atheism?
I'm a bit confused about that.
I love how this website has a bible contradictions page, next R.E. lesson I'm going to torture my teacher!!! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Quicut's post
29-02-2012, 09:37 AM
(29-02-2012 01:25 AM)Quicut Wrote:  Hi, I'm 'Quicut'. A 13 year old girl from Australia.
I'm not sure what 'theism' is, can someone tell me? Is it the same as atheism?
I'm a bit confused about that.
I love how this website has a bible contradictions page, next R.E. lesson I'm going to torture my teacher!!! Big Grin

Simply put:
Theism is the belief that there is a God who is involved in our universe.
Atheism is the realization that there is no such thing as any god or gods.

Let us know how your teacher tormenting goes! Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
29-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Not sure if I posted here before, but my name's Ryan and I joined here a few months ago. This is actually the first time I've logged in since signing up. Just wanted to say hi to everybody! PEACE!
29-02-2012, 03:29 PM
(29-02-2012 03:27 PM)OptimusPrimal_1914 Wrote:  Not sure if I posted here before, but my name's Ryan and I joined here a few months ago. This is actually the first time I've logged in since signing up. Just wanted to say hi to everybody! PEACE!

Welcome, mang.

Get to posting Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-02-2012, 03:31 PM
(29-02-2012 03:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 03:27 PM)OptimusPrimal_1914 Wrote:  Not sure if I posted here before, but my name's Ryan and I joined here a few months ago. This is actually the first time I've logged in since signing up. Just wanted to say hi to everybody! PEACE!

Welcome, mang.

Get to posting Smile

Honestly don't know what to post....
29-02-2012, 03:33 PM
(29-02-2012 03:31 PM)OptimusPrimal_1914 Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 03:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Welcome, mang.

Get to posting Smile

Honestly don't know what to post....

What interests you?

Theology?
Creationism/Evolution?
Philosophy?
Aliens?
Gaming?
Sports?
Movies?
Random nonsense?