Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-11-2010, 03:22 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I have a mild obsession with hot sauce and self deprecating humor..hence the handle "hauser"

my real name is Celia. Im 26. I am an oddball atheist in that i ultimately dont care what you believe, im more concerned with what you DO with your beliefs though i do enjoy discussions on the ins and outs of belief.

and im stuck relatively alone as an atheist in a sea of fundamentalist christianity. I signed up here a while back and then conveniently forgot the password to the email account that i used to sign up to the forum right before i forgot the password i signed up to the forum with..lol...but i finally remembered and im back and i hope to have interesting discussions with you all.

salud!
19-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome Hauser.
Funnily enough I was off of here for a while due to a similar problem.

You like hot sauce... we shall get along greatly....

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2010, 05:51 PM
(19-11-2010 03:22 PM)Hauser Wrote:  I am an oddball atheist in that i ultimately dont care what you believe, im more concerned with what you DO with your beliefs.

First of all. a lot of atheists are like you, so you are not an oddball.
Second, I used to be like you in the above respect until I found out just what some people will do with their beliefs, and how many there are doing those things, that I realized they could cause huge problems for everyone else.
If they would just believe in their gods and stop messing with our laws, government, school systems and quit brainwashing, I mean indoctrinating, children into their over-grown cults, I wouldn't have a problem with them. (they need to stop lying, too).
19-11-2010, 06:03 PM

(19-11-2010 05:51 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(19-11-2010 03:22 PM)Hauser Wrote:  I am an oddball atheist in that i ultimately dont care what you believe, im more concerned with what you DO with your beliefs.

First of all. a lot of atheists are like you, so you are not an oddball.
Second, I used to be like you in the above respect until I found out just what some people will do with their beliefs, and how many there are doing those things, that I realized they could cause huge problems for everyone else.
If they would just believe in their gods and stop messing with our laws, government, school systems and quit brainwashing, I mean indoctrinating, children into their over-grown cults, I wouldn't have a problem with them. (they need to stop lying, too).

lol...i suppose i should clarify just a little bit.

you can say you are an atheist and argue fiercely against religion.
you can say you are an atheist and argue fiercely for religion.

but neither means that you are what you say you are. i classed myself as agnostic for a long time..because i had this want in regards to a God as religion speaks of God..i wanted there to be a God..in that specific "loving parent" sense. but i am psychologically incapable of believing there is one without empirical evidence. i said agnostic..but that was because i didnt understand what i actually was. you can also have people who are willfully deceitful in regards to belief.

so while i operate as an atheist and identify within that structure and call myself an atheist because i do not believe in religious gods...im actually more of an empirically minded apathetic agnostic semi deistic pantheist Tongue

but that's a bit too much of a mouthful. atheist covers the general idea.

so there's what works in your head...and what works in practice.

that probably doesnt make a whole lot of sense and may sound slightly dishonest...but i dont view it as so because im attempting to be practical and hold to the idea of brevity(except when im trying to explain being practical and holding to the idea of brevity. Tongue )
20-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Hi, everybody!

It feels great to have so many thinking people all around the globe!

I'm Kamal, 23 y.o originally from Azerbaijan. To believe in God and to pretend being a moslem is kind of normal habit in Azerbaijan. But as long as I remember, I have always been thinking and sceptically analyzing all these religious bullshit that almost everyone around me (except my father) tried to fill my brain with. But after coming to Sweden to study I became absolutely sure and courageous about the truthfulness of my thoughts and now I just feel perfect that I dont believe in God!

My country of origin had been "officially" an atheist country during the Soviet Union era. But after gaining independence bunch of islamist groups and creeds have begun to fill the vacuum of religion in this country. I simply hate religious propagandists. I am not radical and 100 % against use of violence anyone regardless of their religious stands, but I feel almost excluded day by day, as most of my fellow class mates and/or friends become hardcore religious believers. In order to remain friends I have to not to go to deep discussions about the falsehood of their religious beliefs. So it kinda sucks.

Well, I ll definitely post bunch of stupid questions that my religious fellows asked me that I am somehow not sure about my answers.

Cheerz,
20-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Welcome, Kamal Smile

just to be clear are you male for female? we've had some discrepancy between forum members before regarding gender.

I went through the same thing when the catholic school I went to tried to make me believe in god, I've survived and so have you (so far)

Have fun on the forum. See you around.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

20-11-2010, 08:37 PM

(20-11-2010 08:26 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Welcome, Kamal Smile

just to be clear are you male for female? we've had some discrepancy between forum members before regarding gender.

I went through the same thing when the catholic school I went to tried to make me believe in god, I've survived and so have you (so far)

Have fun on the forum. See you around.

Hi!

I just forgot to mention, I am Male. I Hope there will be no more gender discrepancy, I am so tired of this kind of gender discussions in a country (Sweden) that has more than 90 percent feminists. Lets take it for granted: We are equal, everywhere, always and forever Smile

You too, have fun! Wink
20-11-2010, 09:35 PM
(20-11-2010 08:37 PM)Kamal Wrote:  We are equal, everywhere, always and forever Smile

That is the kind of thinking that will make this a better world. Smile
21-11-2010, 04:16 AM

Tongue RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Greetings TTA enthusiasts!

My Name is Vic, and I'm an Atheist.

Wait, that sounds too much like some kind of Atheists Anonymous type of thing. Let's try this again... Undecided

WHAT UP MOTHAFU... no, not quite right... third time's the charm, am i right?

Hi.
I'm Vic, and I'm here to discuss all manners concerning my fellow atheists, from Religious Asshattery, to Philosophy, to the color of one's shoes and which laces would fit them perfectly. I'm 23, and from the suburbs of Seattle, WA, where I feel very fortunate living, as the social climate is rather friendly towards us non-religious and logical types. I just signed up for this forum because I *literally* watched every single TTA video in a marathon sweep, and fell in love. I then proceeded to peruse the forum, where I've been delighted to find all sorts of delicious debate and lovely logic frolicking free like a mental utopia. Hope to see more awesome videos from this bastion of sanity amidst the turbulent, troll-filled ocean of the internets.
21-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Welcome Vic Smile
I found this place in exactly the same way as you.
I wish the local church was a bit more friendly towards the non-religious than it is in your area, oh well, I shall endure.

Have fun, enjoy your stay, chug down a couple beers its on the house.

Thread Closed