Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
wow hi Dagaz!!
In one of the forums I used to be active I called myself Dagaz, too!
Actually my account there still exists, who cares.
Nice name you chose, lot's of positive meaning in it (at least if one knows something about nordic runes)

A special welcome to the person that has my name heh
*giving a huge welcome cookie*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
11-03-2012, 05:33 PM
(10-03-2012 07:17 PM)Atheist-Monkey Wrote:  My name is Shawn, and I run an atheist t-shirt company. My aim here isn't to promote it, but it would come out anyway so I thought I would start off by saying that. I am just a guy looking to join an theist community where I can chat about stuff, get to know the community and meet new people.

About me, I am a soldier/photographer by day and illustrator/web developer by night. I am Canadian, eh? but grew up in the south with most of my family in 'merica. I've been damn near everywhere and seen damn near everything. I am the atheist in a foxhole and my disbelief has only been strengthened by bullets whizzing by. My parents are very conservative christian, my brother is a evangelical youth minister, my uncle and cousins are scientologists, and my sister is also an atheist. It makes for interesting family reunions.

I grew up Lutheran, went to an Anglican private school and eventually lost what remained of my faith in Israel about 5 years ago. Dawkins and Hitchens changed my life and I have become rather vocal about atheism since. So that's me, I'll leave it to the mods to decide if my sig is too spammy, but I hope not.

Cheers,

Shawn

Greetings Shawn,

I'd like to personally thank you for being upfront about your intentions and making us aware of your company in a respectful way!
I'm wondering what country you are a soldier for? You stated you're a fellow Canuck, but that you grew up in the south. Either way, thanks for your service.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2012, 06:08 PM
(10-03-2012 06:52 PM)dagaz Wrote:  At the moment I'm researching artificial intelligence and am planning a paper on AI and the human unconscious mind to present at a psychology conference.

Got my Master's from JHU in AI. ... Just sayin' for future reference. Wink

(10-03-2012 07:17 PM)Atheist-Monkey Wrote:  I grew up Lutheran, went to an Anglican private school ...

I grew up non-denominational Baptist and went to a Lutheran private school K-9.

Welcome dagaz, welcome Monkey!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-03-2012, 08:43 PM
(10-03-2012 07:17 PM)Atheist-Monkey Wrote:  My name is Shawn, and I run an atheist t-shirt company. My aim here isn't to promote it, but it would come out anyway so I thought I would start off by saying that. I am just a guy looking to join an theist community where I can chat about stuff, get to know the community and meet new people.

About me, I am a soldier/photographer by day and illustrator/web developer by night. I am Canadian, eh? but grew up in the south with most of my family in 'merica. I've been damn near everywhere and seen damn near everything. I am the atheist in a foxhole and my disbelief has only been strengthened by bullets whizzing by. My parents are very conservative christian, my brother is a evangelical youth minister, my uncle and cousins are scientologists, and my sister is also an atheist. It makes for interesting family reunions.

I grew up Lutheran, went to an Anglican private school and eventually lost what remained of my faith in Israel about 5 years ago. Dawkins and Hitchens changed my life and I have become rather vocal about atheism since. So that's me, I'll leave it to the mods to decide if my sig is too spammy, but I hope not.

Cheers,

Shawn

Welcome to the forum Smile
Love the t-shirts although they're very boyish in style. Have you any lower-cut, shorter sleeve types? I'd definitely buy at least one of those Smile
Great logos/sayings. I like 'Atheism The Natural Selection' - very cool Cool

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
12-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi,
I'm actually from the Caribbeans, from Santo Domingo to be more specific, I learned about the website through Richard Dawkins' Book, The God Delusion, and though I did not become an Atheist because of the book I have to thank Mr. Dawkins for Letting me know that "we are not alone". I've been an Atheist since age 10, i just did not know what Atheist really meant.
[+] 3 users Like Grey's post
12-03-2012, 04:17 PM
(12-03-2012 07:43 AM)Grey Wrote:  Hi,
I'm actually from the Caribbeans, from Santo Domingo to be more specific, I learned about the website through Richard Dawkins' Book, The God Delusion, and though I did not become an Atheist because of the book I have to thank Mr. Dawkins for Letting me know that "we are not alone". I've been an Atheist since age 10, i just did not know what Atheist really meant.

That book was a bit of an eye opener for me too. And then an eye closer... I fell asleep halfway through though. Atheist sermons are so boring Tongue

About all I learned was what the ultimate boeing 747 argument was... which was nice because I was really failing to understand why at a certain point in every debate I had with my Christian friends everyone started waving their hands and getting agitated over aeroplanes.

Anyways, welcome to the forum Smile
12-03-2012, 04:29 PM
(11-03-2012 05:33 PM)lucradis Wrote:  

Cheers,

Shawn

Greetings Shawn,

I'd like to personally thank you for being upfront about your intentions and making us aware of your company in a respectful way!
I'm wondering what country you are a soldier for? You stated you're a fellow Canuck, but that you grew up in the south. Either way, thanks for your service.

Born in Kamloops, BC. Raised in Sanford North Carolina, and serve as an image tech in the Canadian Forces. I moved around a lot as a kid, but my heart always belonged to the Great White North. Definitely where I got my wanderlust from. I am fiercely proud of our military and the service of my brothers and sisters. The real honor is for me to have been fortunate enough to serve in a way that has allowed me to document the sacrifice and accomplishments of our brave men and women in uniform.

Okay, getting down off my soapbox now, nice ot meet you all.

Shawn

Shameless self-promotion:
Atheist T-Shirts from the Atheist-Monkey T-Shirt Company
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist-Monkey's post
12-03-2012, 06:54 PM
(12-03-2012 07:43 AM)Grey Wrote:  Hi,

Welcome, Grey.

You are the only other person I know who ever said they became an atheist at the age of ten.

I did too, and yes, I had no label for it then either.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-03-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm a fat guy from Britain

No commercial links please.
[+] 2 users Like batterycharger's post
14-03-2012, 05:07 AM
Welcome Dagaz, Grey and Monkey Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes rainkeltoia's post