Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
19-03-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi,

I'm an antitheist and atheist biologist living in rural Texas. I'm out, but not vocal (If you ask I'll tell you). I look forward to having this place to express myself freely.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Bioatheist's post
19-03-2012, 04:04 PM
(19-03-2012 03:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why is that a contradiction?

Study of angels - study of things that don't exist - guessing along the right lines? Welcome to the um um um um.
20-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Hi Everybody
I am 52 and from Canada. I was born in India and brought up as a Hindu though my family was not very religious. I studied in a Catholic school where the importance of prayer and religion was impressed upon me from an early age, so though I was not very religious I was a believer and prayed regularly. About 10 years ago I realized that religion was unadulterated hogwash and became a fan of Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris, Daniel Dannet, etc.
One my dreams is to write a book on the nonsense that is Hinduism, a religion that has not received much criticism because it is not involved in any major conflict. I am working on it and may take a couple of years.
[+] 1 user Likes deacy's post
20-03-2012, 02:16 PM
kingschosen Wrote:
Why is that a contradiction?

Study of angels - study of things that don't exist - guessing along the right lines? Welcome to the um um um um.
----------------
Contradiction is i'm atheist but I use religious references, not sure if I described it welll enough, a lot of people on other sites I've used this name for thought i was a jesus freak.
20-03-2012, 02:49 PM
(20-03-2012 02:16 PM)Angelology Wrote:  kingschosen Wrote:
Why is that a contradiction?

----------------
Contradiction is i'm atheist but I use religious references, not sure if I described it welll enough, a lot of people on other sites I've used this name for thought i was a jesus freak.

Oh... kay?

I guess.

Not sure how that is a contradiction, though. Like 99% of atheists talk about religion and religious things. But more power to you.

Welcome to the forum!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
20-03-2012, 02:58 PM
(20-03-2012 02:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not sure how that is a contradiction, though.

It's just that atheists with names like Kingschosen are pretty rare and people tend to assume they're Christians. I'd have thought you'd know that Wink
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
20-03-2012, 03:08 PM
(20-03-2012 02:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 02:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not sure how that is a contradiction, though.

It's just that atheists with names like Kingschosen are pretty rare and people tend to assume they're Christians. I'd have thought you'd know that Wink

[Image: what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg]
[Image: 3465907+_2a7d0ab0b3eaa7b67c9989d4daf40fa7.jpg]
[Image: 50382-i-see-large.jpg]
[Image: fry.jpg][Image: hippo-see-there.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
21-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Hola,
Name's Wesley (age 18), I'm from Minnesota, and I'm in the middle of my first year of college right now. I was raised Lutheran and am still living with my mother who's the head of her church group. Technically I'm in the middle of a somewhat-rough transition out of the church because i haven't told anyone flat out I'm an atheist, though I've made it pretty clear through my actions and several arguments I've had with family. The whole story's too long for an introduction so I'll just leave the tl;dr version: social isolation and emotional manipulation has left me with quite a few emotional scars; despite that, i don't regret my actions.
[+] 1 user Likes Drass's post
21-03-2012, 11:10 AM
(21-03-2012 10:25 AM)Drass Wrote:  Hola,
Name's Wesley (age 18), I'm from Minnesota, and I'm in the middle of my first year of college right now. I was raised Lutheran and am still living with my mother who's the head of her church group. Technically I'm in the middle of a somewhat-rough transition out of the church because i haven't told anyone flat out I'm an atheist, though I've made it pretty clear through my actions and several arguments I've had with family. The whole story's too long for an introduction so I'll just leave the tl;dr version: social isolation and emotional manipulation has left me with quite a few emotional scars; despite that, i don't regret my actions.

Hey Wesley, it's great to have you join us. I often wish I had made the decision you made at your age rather than waiting an additional 25 years. Good for you!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm a 36 year old closet Atheist who has a form of Autism known as Aspergers. My family is heavily religious and friends (there were few who turned back on me after I said "if there is a God when there is no such thing" when they said "thank God" when I know that God is a SHAM like Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Devil). Also don't make a big deal about birthdays or Christmas.

I always say "thank Goodness", "good grief", "dang crisp it" in lieu of saying God when I now know one doesn't exist and Heaven and Hell is on Earth not an afterlife.

Also got castigated when I played the Atheist anthem "Dear God" by XTC and "What God Wants" by Roger Waters on my Facebook page.

I know religions are bullsh*t and I also secretly admire what Obama did for the States who know Bush ruined America. Obama should come out that he is an Atheist like the rest of us and the Atheism movement shall RISE and overthrow Religion.
[+] 1 user Likes AutisticAtheist's post
Thread Closed