Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-03-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Salutations everyone!

It has taken at least eight years for me to deconvert from religion to atheism. It's like getting clean from drug and/or alcohol addiction. I started in the "church of Christ" sect, and had stints in Unitarian Universalism, New Age, and Catholicism. Now I have no desire to go back for any more stints.
Glad to be here.

God is a personification of who we are, what we wish to be, and that which we do not understand.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stardust's post
23-03-2012, 05:53 PM
(21-03-2012 04:08 PM)Stardust Wrote:  It has taken at least eight years for me to deconvert from religion to atheism....

Wow! That took you a while. 3-week detox is sufficient for most. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
23-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Hey, brand new here and to... well... everything. I don't' know what I am anymore. I was raised LDS (Mormon) where my family dates back to the foundations of the church. I started researching the history of the LDS church, found a bunch of crap I didn't know about let alone agree with. From there I started to doubt everything along religious lines.

Just a few days ago, when life got extremely hard, I started to pray out of habit and I realized I didn't believe anyone was listening. That was so hard to feel all at once. I knew I was starting to lean in that direction, but to have it all come crashing down on me at once was so hard.

This is what has caused me to come searching for like minded people, which are hard to find here in Utah. I need to know I am not alone and maybe some guidance as to where to go from here.
[+] 4 users Like KnowNothing's post
24-03-2012, 03:08 AM
(23-03-2012 09:43 PM)KnowNothing Wrote:  This is what has caused me to come searching for like minded people, which are hard to find here in Utah. I need to know I am not alone and maybe some guidance as to where to go from here.
Welcome Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-03-2012, 08:47 AM
To put it bluntly, there is nowhere to go from here.
You no longer have an end destination.
Liberating no?
If you Feel like doing something you can. Just weigh the pros and cons. Chances are you'll need time to get your sea legs. This is as good a place as any to do that.
Traverse the forum, ask questions and know that the biggest thing you lose is community, and that can be found elsewhere.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
24-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Welcome, Knownothing!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-03-2012, 01:28 PM
(24-03-2012 08:47 AM)lucradis Wrote:  To put it bluntly, there is nowhere to go from here.
You no longer have an end destination.
Liberating no?
Yes, liberating. Big Grin

Welcome KnowNothing!

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Hola I am Joe Honaker, and I am a long time atheist. I recently stumbled across your forums in online, and I thought I would come take a look.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post
25-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the forum,
Hope you have an insightful stay!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Ello, I am a random 16 year old from Wisconsin who is writing the new word of god, the Bohquanita! I am also reading the bible and I am quite freaked about Genesis, and the daughters having sex with their father.
Thread Closed