Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
25-03-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(25-03-2012 07:12 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Ello, I am a random 16 year old from Wisconsin who is writing the new word of god, the Bohquanita! I am also reading the bible and I am quite freaked about Genesis, and the daughters having sex with their father.

You are doing what?.. Either way, welcome. Yeah, you can find all kinds of horrific things in the Bible, but what you don't know is that the god that is doing that is most likely a war god of the pantheon of the time. "God" is actually a few gods that were written to sound like the same thing. It you look up some history on it, you'll find some interesting insights.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
25-03-2012, 08:40 PM
(25-03-2012 08:07 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 07:12 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Ello, I am a random 16 year old from Wisconsin who is writing the new word of god, the Bohquanita! I am also reading the bible and I am quite freaked about Genesis, and the daughters having sex with their father.

You are doing what?.. Either way, welcome. Yeah, you can find all kinds of horrific things in the Bible, but what you don't know is that the god that is doing that is most likely a war god of the pantheon of the time. "God" is actually a few gods that were written to sound like the same thing. It you look up some history on it, you'll find some interesting insights.
Yea, the book is about my dog sharing his wisdom with me. Anyways, I have a new found respect for biblical scholars, because the bible....is just simply hard to read. I read about 10 pages and my brain hurts from 1,000 year old people and people turning to salt.
25-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Bug RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am The Great Nagneto! Self professed Master of Malcontent! Evil_monster

I've been meaning to network with more free thinkers and now's as good a time as any. I'm a 24 year old humanist and I tend to give everyone a fair shake and judge people on an individual basis. I used to be a believer, then I read the Bible.

I like a lot of nerdy things, D&D, anime, warhammer 40k, HP Lovecraft, Batman. I don't really have a passion of any specific one, I'm very casual about most things. Above all else I want to write one novel before I die. I have social anxiety and ADHD and because of it, I sometimes make weird videos on youtube.

I hope to frequent here more often and hopefully network with people in my area (Colorado) who aren't hate mongering bigots.
[+] 1 user Likes Nagneto's post
26-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Hello everybody! My name is Alyssa, I'm from Los Angeles and work in journalism. I never was a religious person although I was raised as a Christian. After the years I got an atheist and lately I started to think more about religion and I want to participate in various discussions. That's the reason why I'm here now!
[+] 1 user Likes Lyssa's post
26-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Welcome people. I hope you enjoy yourself here Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
26-03-2012, 09:55 AM
(24-03-2012 08:47 AM)lucradis Wrote:  To put it bluntly, there is nowhere to go from here.
You no longer have an end destination.
Liberating no?
If you Feel like doing something you can. Just weigh the pros and cons. Chances are you'll need time to get your sea legs. This is as good a place as any to do that.
Traverse the forum, ask questions and know that the biggest thing you lose is community, and that can be found elsewhere.
Liberating is exactly right!
27-03-2012, 10:27 AM
(30-08-2010 09:46 PM)Soldieringon Wrote:  Hey

I was looking for a place to introduce myself, and realized that there was no "one thread" for members to do so. I thought I would start one.

I'm Paul. I am a 31 y/o male stationed with the Army in South Korea. I have been an Atheist all my life, I was raised as one. I run a small blog and I am getting ready to leave the Army.

I am an open atheist, there's no hiding for me, I tell other people about Atheism and why I choose to be one. But I try very hard not to be pushy about it.

Anyone else?

Hi Paul,
Nice to meet you. I've just joined the forum too. I live in Scotland but am a regular listner to the show.
Regards,
Joe

27-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Greg and I'm 36.
I'm an atheist and cartoon producer, I make religion mocking cartoons such as Lord Hedgehog and Snake Cleophas. Some of you probably noticed me at the Reason Rally with Lord Hedgehog banner.
I'm very pleased to join this forum.
[+] 3 users Like gregornstein's post
27-03-2012, 06:19 PM
(27-03-2012 04:00 PM)gregornstein Wrote:  Hello everyone, my name is Greg and I'm 36.
I'm an atheist and cartoon producer, I make religion mocking cartoons such as Lord Hedgehog and Snake Cleophas. Some of you probably noticed me at the Reason Rally with Lord Hedgehog banner.
I'm very pleased to join this forum.
Welcome Greg,

I'm actually subscribed to your YouTube channel so I recognised you right away when your username popped up. Big Grin

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
27-03-2012, 06:39 PM
You're the big dude from Girly's picture?

Damn man.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed