Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
01-04-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(01-04-2012 12:39 PM)Aswrathen Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 12:30 PM)justmetoo Wrote:  I don't see the need to insult an entire group of people on your initial post. I'm sure that will endear them to you for quite a while.

As I wrote only ignorant Americans. There are many exceptions though... As the amount of the Americans that I've seen on the net increases, so does my opinion on them worsen
I'll be honest- my knowledge of geography is shaky in a few areas of the world, like eastern Europe. I had a good idea where Bulgaria is- but I always like to satisfy my curiosity by looking things up... when it comes to maps, I will lost track of time wandering around the globe looking at stuff. Big Grin

Interesting to note that it shares a border with Serbia. I have a friend of Serbia.

There ARE a lot of ignorant Americans out there... I don't think anyone here would deny that. But I doubt you'll find many of the most ignorant here. Wink
Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 06:00 PM
(01-04-2012 11:38 AM)Aswrathen Wrote:  Yo, dudes and dudettes, my name is Aswrathen fo' realz!
Shitty introduction, my 1st April different personality.
I'm a 13 year old from Bulgaria (for all ignorant Americans that's a country in Eastern Europe). Been an atheist since I was in my dad's testis. Peace!
Dude, I just noticed. How good is your English for a Bulgarian 13 year old?!

Did you emigrate from an English speaking country or something?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-04-2012, 06:20 PM
(01-04-2012 02:20 PM)Aswrathen Wrote:  Dude, I didn't mean people from this forum. Why are you even defending the ones that call you ignorant?

I wasn't telling you off for it, i was just making a point about your post Big Grin

Who said i was ignorant?
Welcome to the forum, i should have said earlier.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm a 28-year-old atheist, currently living in Pennsylvania, but originally from Missouri.

Raised Catholic, but wised up to being an atheist in the fall of 2008. Glad to be amongst like-minded people. I'm one of the only atheists I know, and I'm always wanting to meet others.
01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I, for one have a problem with stereotyping anyone.

First, I know how it feels so wish it done to no one else.

Second, I don't rejoice at the degradation of people who I morn for. These people who condemn us are trapped in a sad world of delusion. they could be our greatest allies if they weren't addicted to theology. It is truly sad to see so much of humanity lost to the rest of the world. I can only image how much progress humanity could have risen by now, if everyone was as free as we are.

To make fun of those who ridicule us is to drop down to their level. I was once among their ranks and I won't return their again. EVER!
[+] 2 users Like justmetoo's post
02-04-2012, 07:56 AM
From what I can tell, he is associating America with Christianity. It may be a language thing.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-04-2012, 08:55 AM
(02-04-2012 07:56 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  From what I can tell, he is associating America with Christianity. It may be a language thing.
I don't think that's what he meant.
But now that you've brought it up, American Christians are very ignorant. Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
02-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Pushing sixty here and suddenly very tired of all the Christian-this, Prayer-meeting that, and "You can't be a good person without religion" dreck I am hearing in the media and all around me.

I may have given lip service to religion when I was a child but never really believed. Nor did the lukewarm, very rare appearances my mother made at church do anything to boost belief. It obviously didn't work for her, why should I bother?

I was actually a member of the Boy Scouts of America for eleven years, had to hide being an atheist the whole time; the last couple of years I quit pretending to pray at dinner functions. GUESS WHAT? With my eyes open, I could see a LOT of others at these meetings doing the same thing I was doing!

That said, I'm also a Buddhist. To me, it's not a religion. Possibly because Buddhism mostly *makes sense* to me.

To all the people who have insisted to me that they have actually experienced contact with some kind of deity: I've had my moments in meditation sessions, too. But I never did feel that some invisible friend was guiding the experience. You felt what you wanted to feel. You set yourself up for it. You got what you expected. Buddhist teachers on the other hand tell us "expect nothing."

Did anyone see that image on Facebook a while back - 'POLYATHEIST There are thousands of gods I don't believe in." I'd buy a copy of that. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Everbod's post
02-04-2012, 06:39 PM
(01-04-2012 01:05 PM)NagasakiOsada Wrote:  Happy days everyone! I just signed up here, but I've been hanging out at the live podcasts for a little while now. Cheers from the middle of nowhere, Tennessee!
Sadie
Hey, I remember you! Welcome Sadie Shy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
03-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Hola everybody!

I am an educator soon to be entering a nursing program. Time for a career switch!!! I'm extremely excited and looking forward to what life has in store! The World is my oyster!!!! Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like liber8tedcatholic's post
Thread Closed