Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hello all,

I've been a member for quite some time but haven't really participated in any discussions or even introduced myself. I listened to the 'I never believed in God' podcast tonight and I felt I might just jump right in and introduce myself and start participating.

I'm 28 year old woman from Norway, which is a pretty secular country. As a result of this I was never raised to believe in any particular religion. I was baptized and I attended Christian studies during my elementary school because that was pretty much all there was back then. During my years in middle school secular classes were introduced and children of parents who were either secular or belonged to other religions did not have to attend the Christian classes. They were lumped together in the secular classes instead.

There's now one class that teaches the 3 biggest religions in the world and some focus on other minor religions.

As mentioned earlier, I was not raised to believe in any specific religion, I pretty much had my own pick of things. There was always a doubt within me as to the validity of god and such, so I dabbled into different religious faiths but never found anything that fit my idea or the world or the way I lead my life. It wasn't until I really learned about Darwin's theory of evolution that things really made sense, and I've never looked back.

So, yeah. Hello all. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Ninett's post
09-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Yo, peeps! Scarlet Pimpernel in da house! Friends call me ScaRRR. The Rev converted this old brotha – and a couple others, I see – to come rock da house overhere. After a few altercations with mods elsewhere... Smile
Thing is, I seem to attract virtual death sentences. Problem, for the mods, is that I don't accept capital punishment. The Scarlet Pimpernel always rides again, you see! Smile
And very conveniently, Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Buddha taught me 2 very useful lessons: resurrection and reincarnation. Lessons that come in very handy on the interwebz.
But this one bitch mod just quit her job, and that board, so now we can forget ever getting into her pants! She'd gained 20 pounds since last summer, though, so I guess it wasn't that much of a loss.

Anyway, I think you can see I'm not focused on religion very much. I have other interests... But I must admit that baiting fundies, or mods (just another kind of fundie after all) can occassionally be fun. Smile
So let's see how long I last here.

Looking forward to making a difference, however temporary... Big Grin
09-04-2012, 07:33 PM
(09-04-2012 07:27 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  Yo, peeps! Scarlet Pimpernel in da house! Friends call me ScaRRR. The Rev converted this old brotha – and a couple others, I see – to come rock da house overhere. After a few altercations with mods elsewhere... Smile
Thing is, I seem to attract virtual death sentences. Problem, for the mods, is that I don't accept capital punishment. The Scarlet Pimpernel always rides again, you see! Smile
And very conveniently, Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Buddha taught me 2 very useful lessons: resurrection and reincarnation. Lessons that come in very handy on the interwebz.
But this one bitch mod just quit her job, and that board, so now we can forget ever getting into her pants! She'd gained 20 pounds since last summer, though, so I guess it wasn't that much of a loss.

Anyway, I think you can see I'm not focused on religion very much. I have other interests... But I must admit that baiting fundies, or mods (just another kind of fundie after all) can occassionally be fun. Smile
So let's see how long I last here.

Looking forward to making a difference, however temporary... Big Grin

Wait a minute, you actually want us to ban you Huh?

Good luck with that one mate Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-04-2012, 07:46 PM
No, I don't particularly want to be banned. It just happens a lot. Usually by mods being dicks. So I've learned to cope. An individual evolutionary process, as it were. Just stating the facts.
09-04-2012, 07:47 PM
(09-04-2012 07:46 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  No, I don't particularly want to be banned. It just happens a lot. Usually by mods being dicks. So I've learned to cope. An individual evolutionary process, as it were. Just stating the facts.
You've found the right place then.

I highly doubt you'll get banned from here Smile.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I've heard that before, TBH... Big Grin
09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
(09-04-2012 07:49 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  I've heard that before, TBH... Big Grin

In the entire history of the forum we've banned two people. Works out at less than one a year.

Best
Worst
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I like your optimism! Smile
09-04-2012, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2012 08:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
Scarlet Pumpernickel sounds interesting to me. Do you use cherries, strawberries, or beets? ... Guess any of them would work but beets would be the most scarlet.

(09-04-2012 08:01 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  In the entire history of the forum we've banned two people. Works out at less than one a year.

... the scars ... they still burn ... if we can't moderate ourselves with only the unusual and last resort intervention by the current benevolent dictator, then we ain't worth dick as a community. ... just sayin' Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-04-2012, 08:23 PM
(09-04-2012 08:10 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  I like your optimism! Smile

How about a wager? A rep point says that in a months time you won't have even been threatened with a ban? And as I'm such a nice guy if you win I'll even throw in an extra point and give you a double Big Grin.

Best
Worst
Thread Closed