Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
02-12-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
welcome to our ranks James Smile
I like how some parents try to raise their kids "you can think/do what you want, but only in this small bubble of what we'll accept."

My parents were like that, just not with religion
"violence is a crime, oh and the next time you get beat up don't fight back or you will be a bad person too." Granted I don't remember them speaking in such blunt terms, but the message is essentially the same.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2010, 04:51 PM

"Don't fight back" I was told that in one form or another, too. About the time I became an atheist, I realized this was nonsense, too. Because I went to three different high schools, I was always the "new guy" and usually a target for someone. I learned that, you may get beat up, but if you managed to hurt the other one enough, they never tried it again. They don't start that stuff because they expect to get hurt, only you. I learned to take my lumps but managed to hand out some, too.

Yes, most parents expect their children to be idealized clones of themselves. No doubt I was a huge disappointment that way.
02-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Welcome James. Sounds like you'll have some valuable input here. Look forward to hearing more from you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
02-12-2010, 05:16 PM

Tanks. I do have a large collection of things I have written. Some are on my blog (http://slrman.wordpress.com). Not all have to do with Atheism or religion at all because my interests are varied. But if you look up the ones about "Flying Pharaohs", "Have Faith", "Does It Matter if Jesus Existed?" or "Is There A God?" you might be amused a bit.
02-12-2010, 05:27 PM

[Image: 3.gif] James. [Image: 5.gif]
02-12-2010, 11:33 PM
(02-12-2010 03:37 PM)James Smith Wrote:  I suspect it was because I knew the bible better than he did and was, at age 13, able to prove how ridiculous his arguments were.

That would have made an excellent video. He was probably extra pissed because he couldn't intimidate a 13 year old kid.
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM

Hey, I just joined! Smile I'm a fervent atheist from the U.S.A.

I love writing.

I just got sent to bed...
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM

(05-12-2010 08:55 PM)A Young Banana Wrote:  Hey, I just joined! Smile I'm a fervent atheist from the U.S.A.

I love writing.

I just got sent to bed...
Musings from the pillow, huh? Wink Welcome to the forums. [Image: icon_31b.gif]
12-12-2010, 05:50 PM
I am God, and I am fairly open about having fun with it.

Ex.
"God bless you" "Shut up! I don't exist!"
"Oh my God!" "What the hell do you want?"
"Praise Jesus!" "That was me you jerk!"

Anyways... I am a 16 year old Atheist, but I'm not one of those "I don't give a crap." Atheists like so many my age are, I am one of those "question everything" Atheists. I was a childhood Christian, and grew out of it, and began my interest in religion about two years later. I love biblical satire and going to church (where I am very much open about my Atheism). You'll learn more about me as time progresses, I promise.
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
(12-12-2010 05:50 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I was a childhood Christian, and grew out of it, and began my interest in religion about two years later. I love biblical satire and going to church (where I am very much open about my Atheism).

That is an unusual paragraph. It seems that more people become atheists AFTER they become interested in religion because of what they learn from following that interest. The second statement is even more unusual. Many people would not have the courage to be open about atheism in chuch, and many others go to churches, or live in areas where being open aout their atheism would be risking their well being and even their lives. I am under the impression that you don't live in a bible belt or a religiously oppressive country.

I am lucky enough to be open about my atheism here in central Canada.
Thread Closed