Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome to the forum will. I'm not sure if you are the youngest we have a few teens here and i'm sure one is around your age.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Smile

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."-Kurt Cobain
[+] 1 user Likes Will's post
12-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey guys. New here. I suppose I should tell you a little bit about myself;
I am 17. (Young, I know)
Been Atheist since I was 13.
I like being nice and making people laugh.
I love history. (The early Roman Empire, especially)
I'm a huge gamer. Been one since I was 6.
I am fully accepting of everyone's religion, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc.
I am very anti-confrontational and I do not like making waves.

See you guys around.
[+] 1 user Likes Respectable Cheese's post
12-04-2012, 07:41 PM
(12-04-2012 07:39 PM)Respectable Cheese Wrote:  Hey guys. New here. I suppose I should tell you a little bit about myself;
I am 17. (Young, I know)
Been Atheist since I was 13.
I like being nice and making people laugh.
I love history. (The early Roman Empire, especially)
I'm a huge gamer. Been one since I was 6.
I am fully accepting of everyone's religion, gender, sexuality, ethnicity, etc.
I am very anti-confrontational and I do not like making waves.

See you guys around.
Welcome to TTA Respectable Cheese.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-04-2012, 07:41 PM
(12-04-2012 07:23 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 07:20 PM)Will Wrote:  Ok...
Yentl is a movie about a chick who tries to pass herself off as a dude and she sings a lot of stupid songs about it.

Yeah, Yentl is a dickchick in a religious setting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x49LvNwSUfQ
12-04-2012, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 07:46 PM by Will.)
Have a good time here, dude. And cool username Big Grin
And that looks like a weird movie.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."-Kurt Cobain
12-04-2012, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 08:47 PM by Scarlet Pimpernel.)
(12-04-2012 07:45 PM)Will Wrote:  Have a good time here, dude. And cool username Big Grin
And that looks like a weird movie.
Could just as easily have been in a Muslim or Roman Catholic setting. As a matter of fact there even was a female pope in the 13th century, Pope Joan , although that is vehemently denied by the RC church. Big Grin (So what else is new).
In ancient Egypt Pharaoh was a (male) god himself. So when they got themselves a female Pharao, Hatshepsut , she dressed herself up as a male Pharaoh, complete with fake glue on beard, when she was performing religious and/or state rituals.

Since (male) Pharaohs were expected to perform an annual 'public' ('only' a couple dozen priests were present...; not the plebs) copulation 'ritual' in the main temple one wonders if a female Pharaoh did that too.
13-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Hey guys! I'm a 21 year old (as of yesterday) woman from British Columbia, Canada. Currently going to university for Creative Writing/Socio. I've been an atheist since my early teens and I first became interested in researching various religions. Smile
[+] 2 users Like BMacD's post
13-04-2012, 01:22 PM
welcome all Smile
13-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Greetings,

I am 49 years of age, a doubtful Christian since age 42, and a recent convert to Agnosticism/Atheism.

I am the son of a former missionary, and Evangelical pastor.
I am married to a strong Christian woman, and am the father of three great Christian children.
95% of my relatives and friends are Christian
I am just beginning to state my position as a non-believer, and have not attended church for almost a year now.

As an engineering technologist and college instructor, I pride myself in my logical reasoning ability, and set out initially to scientifically prove Noah's flood a fact. Instead I learned the opposite. Moving on to other biblical tales, I was met with a landslide of ridiculous beliefs which I had formerly held as god-given fact. Once I allowed my mind to work rationally, I saw scripture, prayer, miracles, and everything else in a whole new light.

This move has left me alone in many ways, as I have been cold-shouldered by the vast majority of those I have shared my current beliefs with. It does feel great to be in control of my own mind however, and I see no way of going back.
[+] 2 users Like Alberta_Canada's post
Thread Closed