Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
22-04-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Middle-aged female University employee in Oregon. I've been atheist/humanist all my life. Raised Unitarian-Universalist, and attended UU services on-and-off during my adult life.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2012, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2012 06:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2012 05:18 PM)darcie Wrote:  I'm a little dismayed about all the theists on this forum but I suppose there's no stopping them as it's a free forum.

Rest assured, they're here as party favors. ... oops that was pretty much dick-like. My bad. Wink

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Early 30's male in central US. Thankfully I was not indoctrinated as a child. However, I was aware of and had some curiosity about god. That curiosity took me to church 1x with a cousin. I just never had any use for or put much stock in god.

In my early 20's when I started to ask the big questions I turned to philosophy. Then in my mid 20's I dated a bible thumper that turned me on to god, but thankfully that didn't last. I did the whole accepting jesus thing and started to pray. However, it was not long before I realized I was talking to myself. I later relapsed when my mom died in a car accident; but again that did not last.

I cannot accept the insanity of religion. I am just incapable of believing that shit. Belief in a nutshell: If I cannot believe in something for which there is no proof, my reasoning brain will be tortured for eternity in hell. Yea that's love alright. I think it's quite telling that, in retrospect the times when I fell into religion was when I was at my emotionally weakest. Right after a breakup with a young love and again right after the loss of a close loved one. My conclusion: Faith is a cancer of the mind which attacks us in our weakest hour. In my experience most pro-faith arguments (evangelization rants) are emotionally themed.

In the last year or so I've decided to vocalize my strong atheism. I'm not looking for a fight or a debate, but if a christian identifies to me I in turn identify as atheist. I do not wish to exclude anyone by drawing lines or putting them down personally. My wish is that with time more and more token believers will wither away and humanity can move forward with freedom. In the end we are all one people and we should be able to see ourselves in each other's eyes. ERacism ;]

Thank you to those who read this far; and good to be with you all.
[+] 2 users Like korteks's post
23-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Welcome to all the newbies.

It's good have y'all here.

I'm looking forward to your contributions.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-04-2012, 10:38 AM
(22-04-2012 05:18 PM)darcie Wrote:  I'm a little dismayed about all the theists on this forum but I suppose there's no stopping them as it's a free forum.

We tried burning them at the stake, but then realized that would use up the wood we would normally use for our Baby BBQs so we stopped.
If you have other methods, we'd love to hear them! Evil_monster

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
23-04-2012, 10:40 AM
We even tried luring KC over to a Christian forum and ditching him there but he came back Big Grin!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
23-04-2012, 10:49 AM
(23-04-2012 10:40 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  We even tried luring KC over to a Christian forum and ditching him there but he came back Big Grin!
Yeah, but that was our bad for not changing the locks. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-04-2012, 10:51 AM
"All"?

I think it's pretty much Egor and me.

Curious, though... why are you dismayed?

23-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Probably for the same reasons I am.

~Izel
23-04-2012, 11:08 AM
(23-04-2012 11:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Probably for the same reasons I am.
Yeah, but that's because of me; not in general.

Thread Closed