Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
26-04-2012, 05:49 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(22-04-2012 05:18 PM)darcie Wrote:  Hi:
I'm 41, from Michigan, divorced mom of 2 kids.
Raised a combo between traditional catholic (rejected vatican 2) and a try at fundamentalism. What a mess.
Have been a happy atheist for a year or so, looking for some like minded people. I'm a little dismayed about all the theists on this forum but I suppose there's no stopping them as it's a free forum.
Very happy to be here! Yes
Welcome to the forums! Plenty of free thinking here. Lots of good people on here and lots of interesting discussion and debate. If you haven't already, don't forget to check out TTA videos, they are fantastic! Smile
Find all posts by this user
26-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi everybody!

40 years, no kiddos (well 2 4-legged ones), de-converted 5 years ago, activist 3 months. I wanted to join the forums after subscribing to the podcast, it's one of my favorites! I love the great communities I'm learning about and all of the great Atheists I'm meeting along way.

I was raised fundie/southern baptist, doubted along the way but considered a lack of faith, closeted to my family but most friends and people I meet know exactly where I stand especially if they bring up god or Jesus. Scared to tell the parents for fear that they will worry themselves to death about my going to hell instead of focusing on our relationship as humans and family.

Oh, and I've never been happier or more content my whole life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TexasAtheist's post
26-04-2012, 01:27 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm 19 and a college student, never stayed in one place long enough to consider myself "from there" but for now, Oklahoma. Sadly, I don't know any other atheist/non-believers in my area.

First considered rejecting my families' religion (Catholicism) about 4 years ago, right before my parents were going to have me do some ritual catholic thing where the basic idea was that I was "affirming my belief in god", anyway, long story short, I just went along with it to keep the peace. Shortly after I officially considered myself a non-believer, because, if anything, the studying I did for that ritual thing exposed me to some of the fallacies (if that is the right word) of the bible, and I just could not accept that as truth as it no longer made sense.

Only recently did I finally decide what my lack of beliefs are: I don't believe in a god (atheist), I don't believe we can prove whether or not a god exist or doesn't exist (agnostic), and I just couldn't care about a god whether it exists or not (apatheist). Since I'm not sure how to put those together, I simply refer to myself as a non-believer.

Other than all that, I'm only a closet non-believer when it comes to my parents and certain distant family members. With others I do not hide my beliefs or lack of, but at the same time I do not go out of my way to make that obviously clear.

I could go into more detail about myself, but I doubt that would be necessary.
26-04-2012, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 05:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-04-2012 01:27 PM)Badbrew Wrote:  Only recently did I finally decide what my lack of beliefs are: I don't believe in a god (atheist), I don't believe we can prove whether or not a god exist or doesn't exist (agnostic), and I just couldn't care about a god whether it exists or not (apatheist). Since I'm not sure how to put those together, I simply refer to myself as a non-believer.

"I'm kind of into ignostic apatheism at the moment... meaning; if there is a god, it's irrelevant and I don't give a shit." - kim

Oops, where are my manners. On behalf of the lunatic fringe, Welcome to the Monkey House. Smile Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate.

#sigh
27-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Hello all! I'm a 22 year old grad student working on a master's degree in Couples and Family Therapy. I'm a vegetarian and married to a wonderful atheist and we aim to live life with zero children and lots of puppies and kitties! I was raised Catholic and ultimately left the church almost 4 years ago. Loving life and hoping to help others do the same!
27-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Hi all.
27-04-2012, 05:30 PM
Hello new members. Praise be to god.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
27-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Hi i am Isabelle Bichindaritz from washinton and im newbie
in this community I enjoy reading your articles i want to learn and share some of my knowledge and i want to explore and make some friends too
I am looking forward to read more ..
good day and god bless..

Best Regards,
Isabelle Bichindaritz
27-04-2012, 06:49 PM
(27-04-2012 06:37 PM)bellebichin Wrote:  Hi i am Isabelle Bichindaritz from washinton and im newbie
in this community I enjoy reading your articles i want to learn and share some of my knowledge and i want to explore and make some friends too
I am looking forward to read more ..
good day and god bless..

Best Regards,
Isabelle Bichindaritz
Welcome to TTA. And may God bless your stay here!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
27-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Just to clarify, when people here talk about praising God they mean me.

Anyway, welcome my children.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
Thread Closed