Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
14-12-2010, 05:51 PM

RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a 15 year old Spiritual-Agnostic-Liberal-Democat-Hippie-Whatever From the US. My name is Jacob Lee Blomgren, known as The World Is Flat on most of my online accounts.

I'm a ferverent writer, I do alot of short stories and love to critiqe
I Also mod videogames, Starcraft 2 and Warcraft three, been doing so for 4+ years. I am also a 3d model artist. I live on a small organic CSA vegtable farm.

The area I've grown up in is a fairly evangelical area of New York, I am, as i said, an agnostic. All of my 'friends' are of generally opposite religous and politcal views than me, and usually in their early twenties. most of them work on our farm in the summer months. (Windflower Farm, we serve the big apple for 22 weeks in the summer)

I felt like making an account here because i've always been interested in all the different viewpoints from around the world, my parents both being soft aethists, growing up in very christian homes.

I hope I didnt miss anything.
14-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Quote:I hope I didnt miss anything.

You mean other than the fact you took your name from a book written by one of the world's most pompous and useless blowhards? Nothing comes to mind, no.

I promise not to hold that against you, though. Honest. But, for my own sanity, I'm going to just refer to you as "Flat".

Cool

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
15-12-2010, 07:59 PM
(12-12-2010 07:45 PM)No J. Wrote:  
(12-12-2010 05:50 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  I was a childhood Christian, and grew out of it, and began my interest in religion about two years later. I love biblical satire and going to church (where I am very much open about my Atheism).

That is an unusual paragraph. It seems that more people become atheists AFTER they become interested in religion because of what they learn from following that interest. The second statement is even more unusual. Many people would not have the courage to be open about atheism in chuch, and many others go to churches, or live in areas where being open aout their atheism would be risking their well being and even their lives. I am under the impression that you don't live in a bible belt or a religiously oppressive country.

I am lucky enough to be open about my atheism here in central Canada.

I more of was Christian because it sounded cool, more than actually believing in it, but when I grew older I realized that something that sounds too good to be true, probably isn't. I started studying religion because I moved to a very Mormon area (North Las Vegas). I live in Western Washington now, but more towards the undevoloped side of the state (if there are two republican candidates and one of them is good, they vote for the other one, half the time there isn't even a democrat on the ballot for local elections). Washingtonions like to think that they're smart, so I am really not worried or uncomfortable, because my foundation is reality, logic, and facts, theirs is mythology, stolen ideas, and fiction. Physical violence never really crossed my mind, but either way, doesn't scare me.

So I gotta ask, now that I know that your Candian; Is Canada training a secret Army to take over the world?
15-12-2010, 09:02 PM
(15-12-2010 07:59 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  So I gotta ask, now that I know that your Candian; Is Canada training a secret Army to take over the world?

Muwahahahaha!!!!! We're lining up our canoes on the shores of Lake Ontario as we speak!!!!! Attaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Too bad I sold my Fatman... I guess America is doomed, Unless... We get Chuck Norris!
16-12-2010, 12:07 AM
Not a chance. We'll take Chuck to a bar and buy him a few Canadian beers and he'll be out for a week or two. You are doomed. Tongue
16-12-2010, 04:29 PM

I'm a 25 year old Jamaican male. Grew up in Christianity as most of our population is. I'm a PC technician, I love anything related to technology. I realized the truth to Atheism about a year ago, now i'm trying to find a community of like minded individuals.
16-12-2010, 05:05 PM

(16-12-2010 04:29 PM)openedeyes Wrote:  I'm a 25 year old Jamaican male. Grew up in Christianity as most of our population is. I'm a PC technician, I love anything related to technology. I realized the truth to Atheism about a year ago, now i'm trying to find a community of like minded individuals.

Well, I think your in the right place then..... Welcome!
17-12-2010, 06:42 PM
(16-12-2010 12:07 AM)No J. Wrote:  Not a chance. We'll take Chuck to a bar and buy him a few Canadian beers and he'll be out for a week or two. You are doomed. Tongue

He would reject it, us Americans drink our beer cold xP
17-12-2010, 09:03 PM

I'm a student in Manitoba, Canada, studying Cell and Molecular Biology with a minor in Microbiology. I've been an atheist for quite a while now, though I haven't told my family yet.
Thread Closed