Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2012, 01:50 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi, I'm Matt, a 16 year old high school student in South Australia. I've been atheist for 'bout as long as I can remember having the ability of free thought so I just thought this would be a good place for me to refine my ideas, increase my knowledge and learn about.
I look forward to meet any and all.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2012, 08:48 AM
I'm a 26 year old who's goal is to work in the film industry because it was my first glimpse to a world bigger than the one I was raised in.

Currently, I am debating on having a full English breakfast or just a bagel with cream cheese.

The internet handle I have is a nickname given to me by my 10th grade visual arts teacher. Somehow, it stuck.
10-05-2012, 09:01 AM
(10-05-2012 08:48 AM)Eo Thorne Wrote:  I'm a 26 year old who's goal is to work in the film industry because it was my first glimpse to a world bigger than the one I was raised in.

Currently, I am debating on having a full English breakfast or just a bagel with cream cheese.

The internet handle I have is a nickname given to me by my 10th grade visual arts teacher. Somehow, it stuck.
I opted for the bagel with cream cheese, but I jazzed it up with a slice of turkey deli meat on each half.

Oh, and welcome. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Hello all. My name is Ian. I am 35 years old and from rural West Virginia, go Mountaineers.
Anyway, I am new to atheism and would consider myself a closet atheist at this time. I have been agnostic for years and my progression has been interesting and sometimes painful. I have much more to say about that but it is probably better for another thread as this is simply an introduction.
I work as a flight paramedic and have a true passion for helping others. I have worked in public service for my entire adult life. I have seen the best and worst of people and have had the opportunity to be a part of some great things in my profession, peoples lives.
I have recently found the need to be a part of something in my new found, atheistic life as the majority of my acquaintances, family and friends are of the Christian faith and I hope to begin that journey here.
I am grateful for everyone here who has shared their experiences and I will attempt to be a good ambassador for atheism.
Although I feel the passion to punch some religious people in the face and say,"wake the hell up", I actually prefer a more strategic, less controversial approach to things. I do not like militant anything. For the most part the friends, family and people in general that I know are religious and good people despite their ignorant, simplistic views.
I have much more to say about a myriad of topics and as I said earlier this is simply an introduction and so it is. Again, hello and thanks for being here. I hope to meet many other like minded people.
[+] 1 user Likes Ian Carroll's post
11-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Hi, all. I'm a recent college graduate, aged 22 years, from the Midwest (I've lived in a couple states, so that's what I usually say; I live in Wisconsin). I started losing my faith when I was about 16, but it wasn't for a few years that I actually called myself an atheist. Being raised in a very Christian environment, I've never gotten to know a lot of other secular folk, so I enjoy meeting you all! (or at least some of you) Please treat me well Wink
11-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Welcome to all new members!

Hopefully here you will find more like minded folks to converse with. Especially all the new atheists on here, this can be beneficial just because it lets you know you're not alone.

If you're in the closet still, chances are that just creating an account here was probably a big step. Probably a big relief too.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
12-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Hello all. I'm 60 and have been an atheist for more years than I care to think about, and have been open about it for the last 20. I moved from agnostic to atheist in my late teens and have been increasingly amazed by the narrow view of the theistic mind ever since.

A thorough reading and understanding of the Bible is the surest path to atheism -- Donald Morgan
[+] 1 user Likes TraZeus's post
13-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Hello. My name is Giovani. I live in California, United States. I'm 16. I used to be a christian and became an agnostic at the at the age of 14. I started to question religion. I read the whole bible and couldn't believe and didn't like the ideas of the bible. I looked into other religions and saw the same problem, that people blindly follow a religion without reading the book or doing the reseach. At the age of 15, I became atheist, I started to read more books on Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I also became a vegetarian and an activist. I volunteer a lot at non profit organizations. I'm recently saw the videos on youtube and thought it would be nice idea to check out the website.
[+] 1 user Likes giovanimars's post
13-05-2012, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 14-05-2012 11:16 PM by Vosur.)
Hey folks,

I'm a 17 years old student from Germany. I'm interested in philosophy and psychology, which is why I'm planning to study the latter one after taking my A levels. I've stumbled upon this forum after watching thetwo parts of "Top Ten Creationist Arguments" on YouTube and decided to create an account here once I had finished reading this glorious thread.

I was raised christianly by a baptist pastor and since I was taught that the christian God exists at an early age, I had no choice but to believe that what I was told is true. I didn't even know anything about the bible, I didn't know what was written in the OT and NT, so I also didn't know how many contradictions and violence it contains.

It was much later, at the age of 14 to be specific, that I started to doubt my religion. At that time, I was finally taught how to think critically, which caused me to begin reflecting my morals and faith. I realized that there was no reason to believe in something that you can't prove and that is only mentioned in ancient books. I also couldn't believe that God was supposed to be loving and caring when he ordered his "children" to commit genocide for trivial reasons over and over and over again. This, combined with the lack of any personal experience with God, allowed me to give up on my religion and become an Atheist/Agnostic.

I have to admit that my life has become increasingly better ever since. Looking back from today, I can tell that it was horrible to be deluded enough to believe in such nonsense. Contrary to that, being able to question anything feels great, I enjoy and use this freedom as much as I can.

Judging by what I've read so far, I think I'm going to have a great time on here.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-05-2012, 04:50 PM
(13-05-2012 02:00 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Hey folks,

I'm a 17 years old student from
Germany. I'm interested in philosophy and psychology, which is why
I'm planning to study the latter one after taking my A levels. I've
stumbled upon this forum after watching the two parts of "Top
Ten Creationist Arguments" on YouTube and decided to create an
account here once I had finished reading this glorious thread.

I was raised christianly by a baptist
pastor and since I was taught that the christian God exists at an
early age, I had no choice but to believe that what I was told is
true. I didn't even know anything about the bible, I didn't know what
was written in the OT and NT, so I also didn't know how many
contradictions and violence it contains.

It was much later, at the age of 14 to
be specific, that I started to doubt my religion. At that time, I was
finally taught how to think critically, which caused me to begin
reflecting my morals and faith. I realized that there was no reason
to believe in something that you can't prove and that is only
mentioned in ancient books. I also couldn't believe that God was
supposed to be loving and caring when he ordered his "children"
to commit genocide for trivial reasons over and over and over again.
This, combined with the lack of any personal experience with God,
allowed me to give up on my religion and become an Atheist/Agnostic.

I have to admit that my life has become
increasingly better ever since. Looking back from today, I can tell that it was
horrible to be deluded enough to believe in such nonsense. Contrary
to that, being able to question anything feels great, I enjoy and use
this freedom as much as I can.

Judging by what I've read so far, I
think I'm going to have a great time on here.
Welcome to the forum. The reason your posts didn't show up is because we have a first post approval system before a first time posters posts show up, this is just to filter out spambots.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Thread Closed