Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
21-05-2012, 09:35 AM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Every new member gets a pat on the back and a bag of ninja throwing stars known as shurikens.

If you stay and post a lot you get a sex doll and a baby sandwich. There is no mayo on the sandwich though so it is dry.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
22-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Hello,

I´m a 21 year old dude from Denmark. I finished our version of highschool a couple of years ago and I plan to start taking university classes this fall.
I´m not atheist but Asatru/Heathen – worshiping old Norse gods.

I plan to lurk for the most part and read through the debates in here but I figured I might as well introduce myself in case I want to partake in a discussion at some point.

I´m not here to cause any stir I just want to broaden my perspective.

Regards ~
Niels
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gaest's post
22-05-2012, 12:51 PM
No way man fuck that, you have to partake now.

You can't just say you worship old school Norse gods and not partake. That's bad ass. Especially if you actually believe in them.
I have come across people who claimed to worship Norse gods in the past only to find that they were only pretenders, looking for cool factor.

Lucy you got some splainin to do!

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2012, 01:09 PM
(22-05-2012 12:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  No way man fuck that, you have to partake now.

You can't just say you worship old school Norse gods and not partake. That's bad ass. Especially if you actually believe in them.
I have come across people who claimed to worship Norse gods in the past only to find that they were only pretenders, looking for cool factor.

Lucy you got some splainin to do!
I usually take it slow when joining a community, especially when I have no experience with the milieu of said community, and try to adjust to the culture before jumping into a discussion and getting my ass handed to me...

But I am prepared to answer questions if you have some.
22-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Oh... man... please start a thread "Ask a Viking"! Total awesomeness.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
22-05-2012, 01:47 PM
(22-05-2012 01:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh... man... please start a thread "Ask a Viking"! Total awesomeness.
Lol, yeah that could be fun. Not sure if I have the time though... Judging by the "Ask a Theist" thread it could be a lengthy process.
[+] 2 users Like Gaest's post
22-05-2012, 06:19 PM
(19-05-2012 04:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Hey, Hughsie,
Have the newcomers been submitting their vids?

By the thousand. Unfortunately none of them are of the required standard, most maims in thirty seconds was nine and I need a higher calibre than that. One guy managed sixteen but he was fighting midgets, needless to say I had him executed for trying to insult my intelligence.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
22-05-2012, 06:37 PM
(22-05-2012 01:47 PM)Gaest Wrote:  
(22-05-2012 01:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh... man... please start a thread "Ask a Viking"! Total awesomeness.
Lol, yeah that could be fun. Not sure if I have the time though... Judging by the "Ask a Theist" thread it could be a lengthy process.

Dunno 'bout that. Seems like you could just have a standard response like, "You cannot gain entry into Valhalla through your meaningless inquiry. Now go, and may you die a glorious death in battle."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-05-2012, 02:39 AM
(22-05-2012 06:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dunno 'bout that. Seems like you could just have a standard response like, "You cannot gain entry into Valhalla through your meaningless inquiry. Now go, and may you die a glorious death in battle."

Untill I have the time to make the "Ask a Viking" thread that is going to be my standard answer to everything Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Gaest's post
23-05-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm a 18 year old student (I'm basically done with school in a month or so - my finals are almost done Big Grin) from Germany. I have always been an atheist and both my parents are atheists, too. I have had my fair share of 'religious' experiences with grandparents and in school. I'm open about being an atheist, though I do not usually talk with other people about religious beliefs. Also I am a homosexual.
I really wish my country were as progressive as for example Scandinavia, nevertheless people are pretty open-minded and rational even if they are religious (except perhaps orthodox and muslim believers).
Thread Closed