Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Welcome all! Feel free to jump right into the deep end!

BrotherShamus, you said that your dad WAS a pastor. I can't help but wonder if you meant the past tense or not. If so, is he no longer a pastor due to you deconverting him or something?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2012, 09:46 PM
(27-05-2012 05:43 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You moved from New Zealand to Tennessee?!

Are you high?!

Big Grin

Welcome to the forum Smile.

Ha! I'm starting to wonder. Between the faint culture shock and being allergic to everything here, I question my sanity.

Of course it's not the first time I've had a reason to. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Katherine's post
01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone
my name is Matt, I am a 36 year old single parent of one 10 year old boy.Born again for 20 years, been a Agnostic for over a year, came out on facebook yesterday. This is what I posted...

"I'm not saying this to upset or shock anyone, but rather be true to myself...I'm am Atheist."

My page exploded!... my biggest face palm about the whole thing is that despite the fact that I'm extremely happy, feel completely liberated, and can't stop smiling, my facebook Jesus freaks think I'm anger, mad or miserable.,,,FACE PALM!
01-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone...
hope I'm not reposting this, still trying to figure out this forum thing
my name is Matt, I am a 36 year old single parent of one 10 year old boy.Born again for 20 years, been a Agnostic for over a year, came out on facebook yesterday. This is what I posted...

"I'm not saying this to upset or shock anyone, but rather be true to myself...I'm am Atheist."

My page exploded!... my biggest face palm about the whole thing is that despite the fact that I'm extremely happy, feel completely liberated, and can't stop smiling, my facebook Jesus freaks think I'm anger, mad or miserable.,,,FACE PALM!
02-06-2012, 02:16 AM
hello, i'm a 35 yr. old female, former christian
I have listened to some podcasts from thethinkingatheist and now it's a healing place for me. Thank you so much for the free podcasts and this website. I have so many thoughts on how I feel about all this but I have to take it all in and observe, and learn more. This is overwhelming, to say the least. Leaving religion was similar to the grieving process for me and like grief it gets better in time. I can relate to many of the stories I hear online and also verythankful to everyone who calls in to share and everyone in the forums.
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm a 23 year old girl from Norway, and I just joined the forum. Smile I had seen some videos by The Thinking Atheist from time to time, but I only recently started listening to the podcasts. They are so enjoyable!

I guess I've always been an atheist. I think I grouped all the Bible- and Jesus-stories together with the stories about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, and when I stopped believing in the latter I just "transferred" that non-belief to religion as well. Even though none of my close friends are as outspoken atheists as me (some of my friends actually really believe), I am so thankful that I live in a secular country like Norway. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes Outsider.girl's post
02-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Welcome, new members Smile
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM
(02-06-2012 10:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome, new members Smile
Yes! Glad to have more members for the annual TTA picnic next week!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
(02-06-2012 10:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 10:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  Welcome, new members Smile
Yes! Glad to have more members for the annual TTA picnic next week!
You bring the babies, I'll bring the sauce!
02-06-2012, 11:02 AM
(02-06-2012 10:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 10:51 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Yes! Glad to have more members for the annual TTA picnic next week!
You bring the babies, I'll bring the sauce!
Yum! You always bring the best bbq sauce! I can't wait! Drooling

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
Thread Closed