Introduce Yourself HERE!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2012, 07:12 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
HOWDY! Maybe I'm in the right place now. Thanks to those of you who responded to my thread. No, I would not call myself a dualist. I'm pretty damn sure there is no "God". I work in the medical field and we are nothing but a chemical reaction. You can push meds til the cow comes home, you will get a reaction for a little while. But when it wears out, then the inevitable does occur. Your time is done. There is nothing afterwards. I wish I could say I KNOW this but then I would sound like one of them bible-thumpin fake ass hypocrites. Weeping But that is why I identify better with being agnostic. Because I am without that knowledge! I am not afraid to tell anyone I am and I do. It just doesn't come up very often. I know I am one of few here in West Alabama and so I know I mostly stand alone. Buts that ok too. I much prefer being true to myself than playing a game like religion.
Glad I found y'all!!! Roll Tide!!!

Nothing changes if nothing changes.....
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like FirmaTerran's post
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Matt. I was raised Catholic and left the church at 18. I consider myself a freethinker. Someone who experiences things in life with your senses. I would classify myself as a atheist but have not met anyone who can define god--completely. Language created the useless word god. I also reject the bible--completely.

One of my favorite quotes from Jiddu Krishnamurti. From the Freedom of all Belief series.

First of all, authority in so-called spiritual matters is really nonspiritual. I think that must be clear and must be understood deeply. There is no authority in man's endeavour to find out if there is that ultimate truth. The authority of a priest, of all the religions based on hearsay, on propaganda, on conditioning the mind to believe in certain saviours, masters and so on. Because one has to be a light to oneself and you cannot possibly light your light from another.
02-06-2012, 10:13 PM
(02-06-2012 07:12 PM)FirmaTerran Wrote:  Roll Tide!!!

Boomer Sooner
. ... And that's from a Marylander. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Hi,

My name is Thiet, i am a newbie
I am from Hanoi city, Vietnam and work as a graphic desiger for Mythuat24
I am 31 years old
I am male
My hobbies include visiting art exhibitions, drawing and designing
My favorite author is Dean Koontz
I love pop music
I own 3 websites for graphic desgin
02-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm Mark and recently realized I'm an Atheist. Been listening to Seth's podcasts for awhile and thought I'd become a member. I'm 52 years old and starting life anew and still learning.

When I die, I wish to die free from false gods and false religions.

As long as most people of planet Earth believe in supernatural beings with magical powers we will continue to live in the dark ages.
[+] 1 user Likes Bratac's post
03-06-2012, 01:29 AM
(02-06-2012 11:59 PM)Bratac Wrote:  Hi everyone,

I'm Mark and recently realized I'm an Atheist. Been listening to Seth's podcasts for awhile and thought I'd become a member. I'm 52 years old and starting life anew and still learning.
Isn't it great? Smile We're all learning Smile Welcome.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-06-2012, 06:07 AM
Hi everyone! I'm Steve and I live in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. I don't believe in god any more than I believe in Santa Clause or the tooth fairy. Lol. Looking forward to exploring the forum and engage in some educated discussions!
04-06-2012, 07:44 AM
(02-06-2012 10:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 07:12 PM)FirmaTerran Wrote:  Roll Tide!!!

Boomer Sooner

He's not aware of the two Baton Rougions here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
04-06-2012, 07:51 AM
(04-06-2012 07:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-06-2012 10:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
Boomer Sooner

He's not aware of the two Baton Rougions here.
So that's what Barugon means... I thought it meant something like a cross between a Balrog and a Dragon Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-06-2012, 08:32 AM
(04-06-2012 07:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 07:44 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's not aware of the two Baton Rougions here.
So that's what Barugon means... I thought it meant something like a cross between a Balrog and a Dragon Tongue

lol no.

I posted what it means in the explain yourself thread.

This is what I said:
Quote:
(21-04-2012 09:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Update:

Custom Title - The TTA Barugon

Since I got "rainbowed" I took this title.

Barugon was a giant monster that fought Gamera. His weapon was a rainbow. So, yeah.

[Image: barugon_rainbow_beam.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
Thread Closed