Find all posts by this user
07-06-2012, 12:38 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
(07-06-2012 12:30 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Howdy, buzz
Howzit Frankie
07-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone I'm Rabbit. I'm 21, love books, TTA, and loosely researching the Universe.

Nice to meet you all! <3
07-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey all. New here. Kind of a new outed atheist. I've felt this way a while now, but only recently started admitting to it when it comes up in conversation. A couple months ago my 17 year old niece passed away from cancer, and going through that as the only atheist in the family was tough. Kind of looking to be around some folks that aren't praying for me, or that won't tell me she's in a better place.
07-06-2012, 04:28 PM
(07-06-2012 02:47 PM)mp_soldier Wrote:  Hey all. New here. Kind of a new outed atheist. I've felt this way a while now, but only recently started admitting to it when it comes up in conversation. A couple months ago my 17 year old niece passed away from cancer, and going through that as the only atheist in the family was tough. Kind of looking to be around some folks that aren't praying for me, or that won't tell me she's in a better place.
Welcome Smile Sorry about your niece. Really rough that she was so young. I've also been on the receiving end of "I'll pray for you / she's in a better place". Enjoy chilling here, we're pretty relaxed Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Most of us don't pray either and the ones that do aren't too obnoxious about it.

Welcome to the gang folks. If you want to be permanent you'll have to kill someone.

I'm kidding of course. If you're an atheist you've obviously already killed.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 11:36 AM
(29-05-2012 02:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome all! Feel free to jump right into the deep end!

BrotherShamus, you said that your dad WAS a pastor. I can't help but wonder if you meant the past tense or not. If so, is he no longer a pastor due to you deconverting him or something?
yes it is past tense. he is no longer a pastor but he is still involved in the ministry. he is e director of a little company that writes and distributes bible tracts. he does regular radio broadcasts and travels to other countries working with churches and helping to start little seminaries in third world countries.
08-06-2012, 11:44 AM
(08-06-2012 11:36 AM)brothershamus Wrote:  
(29-05-2012 02:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome all! Feel free to jump right into the deep end!

BrotherShamus, you said that your dad WAS a pastor. I can't help but wonder if you meant the past tense or not. If so, is he no longer a pastor due to you deconverting him or something?
yes it is past tense. he is no longer a pastor but he is still involved in the ministry. he is e director of a little company that writes and distributes bible tracts. he does regular radio broadcasts and travels to other countries working with churches and helping to start little seminaries in third world countries.

He sounds like a good man.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
08-06-2012, 12:00 PM
That's like saying the guy who has aids but keeps having sex with people sans condom is a good man.

He might be a good guy, I don't know whether that's true or not and I wouldn't want to assume so just because he does Christian things. I also wouldn't assume he's a bad guy because he does them either.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
08-06-2012, 12:41 PM
(08-06-2012 12:00 PM)lucradis Wrote:  That's like saying the guy who has aids but keeps having sex with people sans condom is a good man.

He might be a good guy, I don't know whether that's true or not and I wouldn't want to assume so just because he does Christian things. I also wouldn't assume he's a bad guy because he does them either.
i understand, and he is a good person in the fact that what he does, he does with the best intentions. but because of his belief, he does alot of things that i think bring great harm to alot of people.
[+] 2 users Like brothershamus's post
Thread Closed