• 6 Votes - 5 Average
11-06-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Kim is totally hold out rep from me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Rainbow RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
I am a 28 year old medical technician, a member of a Unitarian Universalist church, out and proud lesbian, and closeted Atheist from a family of Christians. It's a shame that I can be open about my sexuality with my friends and family, but when it comes to the church stuff, my life becomes one big don't ask don't tell policy. I love science but am not quite clever enough to follow any one field, I love reading and writing, I like intelligent conversation, and I dislike Censored ignorance. If you're going to tell me what I should believe, make sure you know exactly what it is that you believe first. That's my viewpoint. Anyway, that's me. I'm fun, smart, and at this point in my life, a little confused over what comes next now that I'm toeing the line of the doorway of the atheist closet. Any advice is welcome.
[+] 4 users Like aunts1384's post
13-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Wink RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Hi my name is Brian McDaniel, I have been a atheist for about 10 years now. I am from Michigan but have lived in the hills of East Tennessee for 9 years now. I am a computer repair technician and run my own small home business. I love to discuss atheism and how to handle the religious nuts all around us, I have gotten a lot of experience in that living in the bible belt of Tennessee.
[+] 1 user Likes TennBrian's post
13-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Bipin and I've been an atheist for about a year or two (not really sure what date I converted, more of a gradual process). The main thing that made me an atheist was Carl Sagan's Cosmos, which I watched at least three times. I've always been kind of skeptical at religion since some little things didn't make sense to me like "don't turn your back on guru granth (holy sikh book)", "guru granth is god", "god is everywhere" so I'm thinking I can't turn my back anywhere ): . I'm 17 and in high school, looking to go into either astronomy, cosmology or some other interesting part of physics, or maybe even evolutionary biology, got a year until I'm done high school so I have time to decide. I like to debate about religion, as long as it's a rational discussion and I at least learn something about another religion. I'm open about my atheism with my friends but my family don't know yet, hopefully I'll have the guts to tell them today, if not then someday soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Bippi's post
13-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the new folks. Please register all weapons with our Master of Arms, Hughsie.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-06-2012, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2012 12:36 PM by Xinoftruden.)
oops I forgot to do this.

I'm a guy going to highschool. I enjoy debating, which means that I have to know both sides of an argument and I spend most debates switching sides at roles of dice or the flip of a coin.

So i may post random answers that are literally based on the number I role. However each of those answers will eb the result of some kind of thought process... I promise not to troll.

My dad has a degree in theology and my siblings are all varying degrees of atheist. My mother is somewhat buddist. As for other relatives, they are mostly Christian, but don't follow some of the more extreme beliefs.

I may come off as a believer or an atheist, but I'm both. I just see a side I would enjoy and argue from whatever viewpoint that would be. <<<< Fine I'll tell the truth. I'm a theist (mostly because I believe there is somethig greater than humantity in the universe) that is relativley new to the religious debates on the internet. Most of my debates happen in person.

So far I've most of my beliefs are not shared by others, so some of the stuff I say will make no sense at all.

Ok so I'm 16 stuck, stuck in the middle of now where.

I was diagnosed with aspergers at age 10 (a form of ASD). I've been told that I'm smart, but do not believe it.

I spend most of my time trying to go pro at Starcraft or Counterstrike.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 2 users Like Xinoftruden's post
15-06-2012, 05:19 PM
the name is Phillip, I'm 16 and currently live in Ireland and am a pretty out atheist to most people[anyone who reads my Facebook wall Tongue] thankfully everyone is pretty fine with it [got told "i dont look like an atheist" must have forgot the devil horns that day Tongue]

"Villain, i have done thy mother" - Aaron, Act IV, Scene II of Titus Andronicus
15-06-2012, 05:22 PM
(15-06-2012 05:19 PM)palnai Wrote:  the name is Phillip, I'm 16 and currently live in Ireland and am a pretty out atheist to most people[anyone who reads my Facebook wall Tongue] thankfully everyone is pretty fine with it [got told "i dont look like an atheist" must have forgot the devil horns that day Tongue]
Hey welcome to the forum. We have a few of your fellow Irish atheists as members here.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
15-06-2012, 05:23 PM
(15-06-2012 05:19 PM)palnai Wrote:  the name is Phillip, I'm 16 and currently live in Ireland and am a pretty out atheist to most people[anyone who reads my Facebook wall Tongue] thankfully everyone is pretty fine with it [got told "i dont look like an atheist" must have forgot the devil horns that day Tongue]
Yeah, but are you a Catholic atheist or a Protestant atheist?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2012, 05:25 PM
(14-06-2012 12:47 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  I may come off as a believer or an atheist, but I'm both. I just see a side I would enjoy and argue from whatever viewpoint that would be.
Sorry, X, you can't be both. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed